Material Handler - 3rd Shift
Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Material Handler - 3rd ShiftLocation : OTSEGO, MI, United
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 19, 2023
Job ID : 38366Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job SavedBasic Function: To assemble, test, repair and
package Pneumatic product.Scope/Supervision: A positive working
relationship with team members, value stream leaders, supervisors,
and support departments.Responsibilities:
- Pull materials for cells and deliver at required intervals.
Supporting assembly needs by delivering what they need when they
- Maintain Quality of parts while in transit to cell ensuring the
correct quantity and containers are used and parts are handled
- Pull materials and box up material for customer kit
- Help update Kanban card locators, Go-Get-Me cards and shelf
locators as Supermarket and Kaizen improvements takes place - HPT
tell and go. Also Work with materials team on relocating racks &
- Communicate with appropriate person (Supervision, Value Stream
Lead, Planner or Manager responsible for materials) on
discrepancies, incorrect box size and inventory below min
- Help develop and sustain revised material routes and standard
work. Ensuring ability to adhere to the routes designated times and
- Help promote lean by, actively, contributing to eliminating
waste in the material flow process. Be part of Kaizen events to
support the assembly and material flow waste reduction
- Promote 5S + Safety in the supermarket and maintain a clean
organized supermarket with parts clearly labeled and overflow
material clearly identified. Take away empty containers, dunnage,
tubs and baskets from cells and supermarket.
- Ensure "First-In-First-Out" (FIFO) of material through fixed
shelf locators and overflow areas. Adding and removing "Pick from
Overflow Area" tags as needed.
- Perform cycle counts and audits as required or requested using
- Perform Kanban card receipts and mainframe transaction as
requested after training.
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - actively
delivering materials for up to 8 hours per day, bending and
reaching for parts plus frequent lifting of 25 to 40 lb. cartons or
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimum Supervision
adhering to standard work.
- Be willing to learn system requirements Mainframe transactions,
EXCEL data base use and KANBAN database use.
- Basic knowledge of general computer functions
- Be a team player and actively contribute to problem solving
through High Performing Teams (HPT)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship,
Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for
certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Kalamazoo , Material Handler - 3rd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Otsego, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!