Nurse Aide Casual Hrs
Company: Oaklawn Hospital
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the
Charge/Registered Nurse and/or Physician, provides direct care to
an assigned patient population.Essential Functions:
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary
effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner
that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Assists in providing activities of daily living to an assigned
- Completes hourly rounds on assigned patient population.
- Communicates readily with patients and families and serves as a
liaison between the patient and licensed staff.
- Assists in answering call lights in a timely manner.
- Performs duties within the realm of a certified nursing
- Monitors supplies and restocks accordingly.
- Assists in specimen collection, identification and
transportation to lab.
- Assists clinically as needed.
- Relieves Unit Secretary for breaks.
- Performs rotation in CPR as needed.
- Assists patients in obtaining essential needs such as blankets,
fluids and nutrition after verifying with attending or RN.Minimum
Requirements: High school graduate or GED. Certified Nursing
Assistant and one year acute care experience, BLS
certification.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Familiar with critical
equipment such as vents and cardiac monitorsMust be able to work
efficiently in a busy environment while maintaining a friendly
demeanor and possess effective interpersonal communication
skills.Working Conditions: Work in an unpredictable environment
encountering stressful situations and exposure to body fluids and
infectious diseases. May experience traumatic situations including
deceased patients.Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual
acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs.
Frequently stand, walk, reach, push/pull, bend/twist,
stoop/kneel/crouch, lift/carry 25 to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Oaklawn Hospital, Kalamazoo , Nurse Aide Casual Hrs, Human Resources , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...