Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Float Staffing
Posted on: January 11, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Borgess Staffing Solutions - PRN Rotating - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MIWhy Join Employer? Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Employer since 1999.What You Will Do As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.You will:
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Pick up required supplies, forms, equipment and vaccine's from office prior to start of clinic, if not being delivered by clerical person.
- Supervise the clerical assistant and/or store employees as the work area is set up.
- Determine clinic flow, with input from site contact person and clerical assistant, so that clients will proceed efficiently without disrupting store operations.
- Provide professional nursing care within medical facilities, including hospitals, nursing homes, and physician offices.
- Ensure that each client has received and read a Vaccine Information Statement for each vaccination he/she intends to receive. Determine that each client understands the consent forms.
- Check to ensure each client has completed and signed the appropriate consent form before vaccination. Answer any questions related to the vaccine's) or vaccination's).
- Adhere to universal precautions during each clinic.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma - Graduate of a School of Nursing required at start date.
- Must have at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse.Equal Employment Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Float Staffing, Human Resources , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!