Registered Nurse RN - Float Staffing Emergency Department ER
Posted on: July 10, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse BSS - Float Staffing 003 - PRN
Rotating - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MIWhy Join
Ascension? In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and
hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over
200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working
together to help bring patients more resources and better care.
Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided
over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living
in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to
spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the
health of individuals and communities.Ascension is a faith-based
healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through
innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading
non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is
committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all,
especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided
nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other
community benefit programs.What You Will Do As a?Registered Nurse
BSS with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to
provide?direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- The practice of professional nursing is the systematic
application of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from the
biological, physical, and behavioral sciences to the care,
treatment, counsel and health teaching of individuals who are
experiencing changes in normal health processes or who require
assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or
management of illness, injury or disability and demonstrates this
through the application of Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice
and Standards of Professional Performance defined by the American
- Recognizes that each patient is an unique individual and has
the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting
between the Registered Nurse and the patient. Assures patient
rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal,
interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process.
- Facilitates the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an
individual's health, incorporating knowledge of growth and
development through the life span. The scope of nursing practice
includes teaching, direction, and supervision of less skilled
personnel in the performance of delegated nursing activities.
- Provides professional nursing care within medical facilities,
including hospitals, nursing homes, and physician offices.
- Delegates the acts, tasks or functions and bears the
responsibility for the acts, tasks, or functions within the scope
of delegation. Accountable to the ethical and professional
standards as defined in the ANA Code for Nurses, the ANA Nursing's
Social Policy Statement, the State of Michigan Public Health Code,
and the ANA and Specialty Nursing Standards of Clinical
- Accountable to the standards set by the facilities as defined
in the Administrative, Patient Care and Biosafety Policy and
Procedure Manuals. Accountable to adhering to the standards set by
regulatory agencies such as but not limited to the Joint Commission
on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Conditions of
Participation of Healthcare Finance Administration (HCFA), and
Michigan Occupational Health and Safety (MOSHA).
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
requirements.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support?credentialed from the?American Heart
Association (AHA)?obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- BLS Provider?credentialed from the?American Heart Association
(AHA)?obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.?
- Certification?specializing in?Crisis Prevention?obtained
within?3 Months (90 days)?of hire date or job transfer date.?
- Finger Printing?obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support?obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.?
- Licensed?Registered Nurse?obtained prior to hire date or job
- Graduate of a School of Nursing required at start date.
- Must have at least one year acute care experience as a
Registered Nurse in the emergency room.?Equal Employment
Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer,
dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of
race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap,
disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Ascension
will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have
applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert
for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not
solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Registered Nurse RN - Float Staffing Emergency Department ER, Human Resources , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!