Senior Developer / Analyst
Company: Global Technical Talent
Posted on: December 7, 2018
- The Senior Developer / Analyst will be part of an energetic team motivated to implement high quality solutions for delivery of state-of-the-art genetic products for customers.
- The Senior Developer / Analyst will deliver key enhancements to mission-critical commercial product delivery systems for Genetics. Reporting to the Manager of Product Delivery, the Developer / Analyst will design, develop, document, and deploy solutions for the delivery of genomic laboratory testing and prediction products.
- The Senior Develop / Analyst will be expected to take a leadership role in driving outcomes to assure that enhancements are delivered on time and to quality standards, both through directing the work of other developers and through individual contributions.
- Therefore it is essential that the person in this role have high order technical skills to independently develop key functionality, the ability to communicate and collaborate as a member of the team, and the ability to organize, communicate, and direct the work of junior developers on the team.
- The individual in this role will follow the software development lifecycle, working collaboratively with other developers, analysts, and business professionals.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, analysis, and documentation skills, with an ability to begin with a high level requirement and through progressive refinement to define and deliver a solution. Effective and verbal and written communication skills are essential for collaboration with business stakeholders and technical team members, using business or technical language as appropriate to each audience.
- This role also has a support component. The person in this role will be expected to take on productions support assignments.
- All candidates must have experience working in a Microsoft development environment including VB 2008/2013 and SQL Server 2012. Strong database development skills including SQL/T-SQL are required. Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver solutions according to agreed project timelines, taking the initiative to drive the outcomes requested by the business and ITS management.
- Develop and support VB.NET/ASP.NET/SQL Server systems, including troubleshooting, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- Define / document robust business system requirements. A variety of tools and techniques are used, including user stories, interviews, observation, workflow/process/data modelling / analysis.
- Analyze requirements to develop solution designs, working with stakeholders in the business and ITS.
- Translate business requirements into data design requirements and subsequent data models.
- Develop, implement, and maintain ITS solutions and databases that meet requirements.
- Manage the communication of requirements, expectations and priorities between time zones and teams in a manner which optimizes resource usage and minimizes turnaround times.
- Ensure that requirements are addressed in the solution and that the solution is tested adequately.
- Create and maintain system development lifecycle documentation.
- Participate in and/or drive problem investigation and resolution.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities aimed at reducing cycle times, eliminating redundancies and increasing throughput. Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree related to information or computer science
- 3+ years relevant IT experience, ideally with Laboratory, Life Sciences, and/or Customer Service applications
- 3+ years experience collecting, analyzing, and documenting requirements
- Strong database skills including fluency in SQL
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities. Experience in the application of project management principles and software development life cycle management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams or individually, as needed
- Interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate with existing subject matter experts, across many functions, and utilize them as team members
- Proven success in delivering IT solutions
- Software development experience
- Ability to transform data in files or databases
- Ability to take direction and to complete tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to prioritize issues and drive progress in ambiguous situations Technical Competencies
- Strong experience with SQL Server (2012/2008R2/2008)
- Excellent SQL and T-SQL skills
- Visual Studio / Visual Basic 2008/2013 /ASP.NET /ADO.NET
- Database design
- Windows OS
- Excellent skills in basic office and business tools, including MS-Excel, MS-Word, and MS-Visio.
- Deep understanding of information delivery principles including the creation of abstraction layers, query optimization, and report level calculations Desired Competencies
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or Crystal Reports
- Team Foundation Server
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Power BI or other BI tools
- Amazon AWS Services
- Genetics and/or bioinformaticsVisit our website at to learn more about us - provided by Dice SQL Server SQL T-SQL Visual Studio Visual Basic ASP.NET ADO.NET Database design Windows OS MS-Excel MS-Word MS-Visio
Keywords: Global Technical Talent, Kalamazoo , Senior Developer / Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!