Manager of IT Development
Company: Wings Etc
Location: Fort Wayne
Posted on: November 19, 2019
Manager of IT DevelopmentReport To: Vice President of IT
OPPORTUNITY - Immediate Opening:Wings Etc., Inc., a 71-unit (and
growing) sports bar franchise system operating in 10 states, has an
IMMEDIATE NEED for a skilled, full-time Software and Web Developer,
to help with the development of our current projects.Summary of
Position: Your duties will primarily revolve around building
Web-based software by writing code, as well as modifying software
to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance,
or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing
system testing and validation procedures, as well as working with
franchisees or departments on technical issues including software
system design and maintenance.To be successful in this role, you
will need extensive knowledge of full-stack development including
HTML, CSS, and have solid knowledge and experience in programming
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Web-based software application designing, building, or
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools,
content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs,
develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing application updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure
that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser
and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Web application content, and
directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and
programming practices through education, study, and participation
in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for
- Identifying problems uncovered by user feedback and testing and
correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is
valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers,
devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical
- Directing system testing and validation procedures.
- Directing software programming and documentation
- Consulting with departments or franchisees on project status
- Working with franchisees or departments on technical issues
including software design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of
new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with IT staff to evaluate software-hardware
interfaces and develop specifications and performance
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications,
activities, or status.
- Conferring with team members to obtain information on
limitations or capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Web development or related field, or
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure) a
- Dedicated team player.
- Self-motivated, able to stay on task with limited
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Creativity is always a plus.
- Must be a full-stack developer.
- Experience working on a variety of software development
projects. Salary USD $60,000 - $70,000 Per YearJob Type EmployeeJob
Status Full Time
Keywords: Wings Etc, Kalamazoo , Manager of IT Development, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Wayne, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!