PRN opportunities are listed under Part Time. You may use the
search option by entering ‘PRN’ into the search box to filter only
those jobs that are PRN status.
Log in to your profile in the upper right corner to sign up for
Job Alerts today!
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
Location BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital Title Referral
Coordinator Gastroenterology The Referral Coordinator coordinates
all aspects of the referral process, including referral activity in
the office between the patient, physician, specialty office,
primary care office, and insurance company. Employees providing
direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2
years related experience and/or training required
Successful completion of a Medical Assistant or LPN program
Current Medical Assistant Registry or Certification, or LPN
license preferred (must be in good standing and valid in the state
For ProHealth ONLY - Medical Assistant Registry or
Certification, or LPN license in the state of Michigan required
within 90 days of hire .
• Knowledge of medical terminology, and CPT, ICD-9 coding
• Must have excellent computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office,
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to maintain positive customer service.
• Ability to establish effective working relations with office
staff and employees in a team environment.
• Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Effective prioritization skills and ability to manage time
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue,
e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work
involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye
coordination for sustained periods of time. The job produces some
physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking,
standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light
• Maintain patient confidentiality.
• Maintain excellent customer service, including problem-solving
• Manages electronic health record referral/order work queues
according to office/provider preference and the needs of
• Coordinates and schedules referral activity.
• Obtains accurate billing and demographic information.
• Assures prior authorization for requested services under payer
• Communicates delays/denials to ProHealth team and
• Process referrals by CPT, ICD-9 coding.
• Participates in case management meetings.
• Additional duties based on department
Shift First Shift Time Type Full time Scheduled Weekly Hours 40
Cost Center 8021 Bronson Gastroenterology Portage (BMH) Please take
a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with
About Us Bronson Healthcare in Kalamazoo, Michigan is a
community-owned, not-for-profit health system that has been
providing healthcare services since 1900. Today, with a workforce
of more than 9,000 people and 1,400 medical staff members, it is
the area’s largest employer and leading healthcare system. Bronson
provides care in virtually every specialty and offers a full range
of services from primary care to critical care at more than 60
Bronson’s exceptionally high quality standards enable us to do
what’s right for our patients and their families. We are empowered
as individuals and as teams, to apply our skills and experience so
that every patient receives safe, timely and effective treatment.
What’s more, our state-of-the-art, technology and evidence-based
processes give us the tools we need to deliver the right care, at
the right time.
By putting each patient and their family at the center of our
work, we demonstrate the dignity and respect we have for each
individual we serve. This unwavering commitment to serving others
combined with our unique healing environment helps make the patient
experience here an exceptional one. It also explains why Bronson
provides nearly $100 million in community benefits each year. And,
why in 2005, Bronson Methodist Hospital became only the sixth
hospital in the U.S. to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National