Packaging Specialist (1st , 2nd & 3rd Shift)
Company: Zoetis, Inc.
Posted on: October 13, 2020
Zoetis, the global leader in animal health, is looking for an
engaged and driven individual to join our packaging team. Zoetis
has been leading animal health since its inception in 2012 and we
pride ourselves on providing all manner of quality solutions for
our customer s animal health needs.
A Packaging Specialist performs general pharmaceutical production
related tasks and responsibilities in a lean manufacturing
environment. This includes inspection and packaging of products, as
well as material handling and setup of packaging lines with right
first time accuracy and efficiency. This is a position that
requires high attention to detail with regard to ensuring a quality
product is provided to our customers and ensuring production
related documents are complete and correct. A Packaging Specialist
requires the use of Microsoft applications and good organizational
skills in order to maintain an orderly work environment. All
activities are conducted within a safety-minded culture that
strives for continuous improvement.
If you have an engaged work ethic and enjoy the challenge of
maximizing quality and efficiency as part of a high performance
team, this may be a great opportunity for you!
* Ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with applicable
batch records, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safety
guidelines, as well as applicable regulatory standards, such as
current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
* Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and make minor repairs on
* Monitor, evaluate and adjust processes or equipment to maximize
quality and efficiency.
* Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tasks
* Provide leadership to line operators as well as effectively
communicate with support personnel and leadership
* Work together as a team to maintain production schedule and
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Basic math, English communication skills, legible penmanship, and
* Ability to follow detailed instructions
* Basic use of Microsoft applications and general computer
* Effective interpersonal communication and a positive outlook
* Mechanical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
* Strong mechanical skills along with experience in the use of
various hand tools
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
* Knowledge of cGMP s and production practices
* Experience in a Lean Production and/or manufacturing
* Reliable transportation and good attendance/time management
* Experience in Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement work
environment; 5S, visual schedule, PDCA, M1, etc.
* Ability to train on area SOP s/OJT s- equipment, process,
* Experience in working with Tech Writer, creating and maintaining
PHYSICAL AND TIME REQUIREMENTS:
* Routine lifting of 20-50 lbs.
* Prolonged periods of sitting and standing
* Flexible hours and overtime, up to every other weekend, may be
* Manual dexterity and ability to keep up with pace of production
* WORK ENVIRONMENT: Colleague could be exposed to airborne
particles, including cephalosporin. Must work near moving
mechanical parts. Eye protection and other personal protective
equipment are required.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status or any other protected classification.
Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our
online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an
alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please
contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis..
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc., Kalamazoo , Packaging Specialist (1st , 2nd & 3rd Shift), Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!