APP Bronson LakeView Family Care Decatur
Company: Bronson Battle Creek
Location: Paw Paw
Posted on: May 3, 2021
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
BLH Bronson LakeView Hospital
APP Bronson LakeView Family Care Decatur
Bronson LakeView Family Care Decatur is currently seeking an
Experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their
established family medicine practice. This will be a full-time
position with no weekend office visits. As a Rural Health practice,
we will work with the APP to create a schedule to offer
appointments as early as 7:30 am or as late as 7 pm at least one
day a week. To support the APP, and in coordination of care with
their patients, there is a multi-disciplinary team onsite
including; an RN Ambulatory Care Manager, a Social Worker, and a
Pharmacist. Nurse Triage service is available after hours and on
weekends and patient call volume after hours is very low. There is
Limited call with the other providers in the practice.
The area, off I-94 and mid-way between Detroit and Chicago, is a
rural community located in Van Buren County. The beautiful Lake
Michigan is just a short drive away and access to outdoor
activities abound, including: five parks, campgrounds, golf
courses, lakes for swimming and boating, cross-country skiing and
snow mobile trails. Also, within the county is the 34 mile
Kal-Haven Trail which is perfect for walking and biking from
Kalamazoo to South Haven. Kalamazoo, MI is the home of Western
Michigan University and is located about 30 minutes from
Works in collaboration with the physician to deliver services
based on patient and family needs. Employees providing direct
patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the
- Master's degree (MSN or MS in Nursing) and 2 years of recent
clinical experience related to area of practice required
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Current RN licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse in specialty area
of practice. Must maintain all requirements for medical staff
- Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs
associated with documentation and record keeping in the
- Must possess effective interpersonal relationship and
communication skills that are applied to multiple group
- Communicates clearly and efficiently both verbally and in
writing Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue,
e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring
alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the
operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT
between 40 and 70 percent of the time. The job produces some
physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking,
standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light
- Establishes medical diagnoses for common short term and chronic
stable health problems; orders and evaluates diagnostic studies;
performs and monitors therapeutic procedures (sutures, incision and
drainage, IV's, casting & splinting); assesses and/or manages
follow up plans.
- Prescribes and regulates medications per written physician
agreed upon protocols.
- Records and documents health appraisal data necessary to
maintain coordinate and/or expedite required services and meet
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for time management,
cost outcomes, professional relationships, and interpersonal
- Acts as a resource to health care staff and/or implements
educations programs to improve management of
- Develops, conducts and/or evaluates formal or informal
in-service and continuing education programs in area(s) of
- Maintains and enhances a current level of knowledge relative to
professional practices as well as continuing education requirements
necessary for licensure.
- Support research by defining clinical research questions,
participating, and conducting research in practice specialty,
and/or incorporating findings into practice.
- Collaborate with physician as necessary to provide appropriate
plan of care.
- Refer patients to appropriate physicians and community
resources for consultations (i.e., therapy, specialists, and social
- Provide emergency care within ACLS and or BLS guidelines.
- Actively participates in continuing education, professional
memberships and other scholarly and community outreach and
marketing activities to enhance the NP role and image of nursing in
all aspects of patient, community, and professional relations.
- Observe state regulations and professional ethics applicable to
advanced nursing practice.
- Participates in the development and the annual review of the
clinic's written policies, procedures and protocols.
- The Nurse Practitioner participates in process improvement
activities as appropriate to the practice environment.
- The Nurse Practitioner uses the results of the process
improvement activities to initiate changes in practice and/or
- Contributes to an environment conducive to the professional
education of colleagues as appropriate.
- The Nurse Practitioner maintains and promotes patient
- The Nurse Practitioner delivers care in a manner that
preserves/protects patient autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- The Nurse Practitioner acts as a client advocate.
- Promotes quality nursing care through the utilization and/or
conduct of research in nursing practice, standard setting, peer
review, evaluation of care and outcomes, and the provision of
formal and informal education opportunities.
- Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Maintains privileged access to the unit medication room(s) for
stocking and/or retrieving supplies.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer
service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission,
values and customer service standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and
local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program,
Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order
to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- Maintains a safe workplace by keeping work area free of hazards
and correcting and/or properly reporting any safety hazards.
- Uses correct body positioning, proper body mechanics to avoid
injury, utilizes safe work practices (e.g. pushing vs. pulling,
patient transfer/lifting devices, etc.) and uses personal
protective equipment when necessary
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8513 LakeView Family Medicine Decatur (BLH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting
employment with Bronson!
Keywords: Bronson Battle Creek, Kalamazoo , APP Bronson LakeView Family Care Decatur, Other , Paw Paw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!