NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITIONS FOR SUMMER 2021
Notice is hereby given that the following position(s) are
available for during the summer of 2021.
All positions, including quantity needed, are pending student
POSITIONS: - Summer School Teachers for Grades K-4 at Wattles
SUMMARY: Provide direct supplemental support services to at-risk
students to ensure that all students meet high
academic standards. Confer with Summer School Supervisor on
student progress and service programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBLITIES include but are not limited
- Work with the Summer School Supervisor to ensure that the
academic needs of identified students are met through engaging
instruction that results in transfer of new learning.
- Ensure the summer supplemental program is aligned with the core
curriculum and Common Cores State Standards using researched based
strategies and focusing on the essential priority standards for
- Instruction aligned with Essential Practices in Elementary
Literacy and Bridges Intervention,
- Provide supplementary instructional support to at-risk
- Use data to drive instruction. Plan instruction by using data
and by collaborating with colleagues.
- Differentiate instruction in engaging ways that align to field
- Maintain student monitoring notes and records progress in
- Complete activity/lesson plans in collaboration with summer
- Complete timesheet weekly and turn into summer school
- Complete reporting for summer programming/ monitor student
- Maintain regular communication with parents/guardians
- Work collaboratively with community partners: for example,
Binder Park Zoo, What A Do Theater, Music Center
- Attends field experiences with students
- Ensure all COVID protocols and safety measures are followed
- Other duties as assigned by summer school supervisor
PAY RATE: $26.50 / hour per contract AND
$120/day for work during instructional weeks as listed below
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
Two Three-Week Sessions-
Session One- weeks of: June 14, June 21, June 28
Staff will work Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1:30p.m.
Includes one day at Binder Park Zoo
Session Two- weeks of: July 12, July 19, July 26
Staff will work Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Includes one day at Binder Park Zoo
Must have a valid State of Michigan Elementary Teaching
Certificate and be endorsed to teach at the elementary (K -4) grade
level. Prefer someone with successful experience as a classroom
teacher as well as a strong background and demonstrated ability in
ELA and/or mathematics instruction included but not limited to
Essential Literacy Practices and Bridges. Ability to effectively
use Illuminate DNA.
Must also have an excellent attendance record; the ability to
develop effective working relationships with students, staff and
the school community, the ability to communicate clearly, concisely
and pleasantly both orally and possibly in writing. Must have
demonstrated the ability to motivate students and colleagues
positives, to work effectively with at-risk students and their
parents, Must perform duties with awareness of all District
requirements and Board of education policies.
Harper Creek staff members who are interested in the position
and may apply by 12pm on Monday, May 3 by visiting http://www.harpercreek.net/departments/hr/employment.
Find the posting of interest to you and complete an internal
application. Please make sure you include your experience(s) and
qualification(s) for the position to which you are applying.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation or
transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight,
marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic
information, or any other legally protected category,
(collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and
activities, including employment opportunities.
Please provide written notice for any special needs
A complete job description is available upon request
The information contained in this job description is for
compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is
not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently
holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.