We Are Hiring
The Neuro/Ortho Department has an opportunity for a full time,
day shift RN position.
Variable schedule to include every third weekend and 50% of the
What You Will Do
Provide professional nursing care within Borgess Medical Center.
The practice of professional nursing is the systematic application
of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from the biological,
physical, and behavioral sciences to the care, treatment, counsel
and health teaching of individuals who are experiencing changes in
normal health processes or who require assistance in the
maintenance of health and the prevention or management of illness,
injury or disability and demonstrates this through the application
of the Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Standards of
Professional Performance defined by the American Nurses
Association. Recognize that each patient is an unique individual
and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal
setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and assure
patient rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal,
interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process facilitates
the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an individuals
health, incorporating knowledge of growth and development through
the life span.
- In collaboration with the patient and/or family, and healthcare
team, participate in open discussion to identify mutual goals based
on the nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Diagnose, treat and evaluate the human response to actual or
potential health problems/needs.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the nursing plan of care and revise it
- Assess, detect, monitor and attempt to prevent complications
associated with health situations or treatment plans.
- Notify the physician of patient condition and response to
nursing intervention appropriately and document this action.
- Insure that patients pain is assessed, treated, reassessed,
documented and evaluated. Adhere to policies and Procedures for
- Delegation to other licensed and unlicensed care providers
based on clinical nursing judgment and skill of the care
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of
hire date or job transfer date required.
- The Registered Nurse must have an Associates of Applied Science
in Nursing (AAS) Degree or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or
RN Diploma at start date required.
- BSN is required within six (6) years of start date. Incumbents
hired into position prior to 1/1/2015 are grandfathered with their
existing educational degrees.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Borgess is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and
affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information