Mammogram Technologist- Part Time
Company: Bronson Battle Creek
Posted on: May 4, 2021
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
experience. Location BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital Title Mammogram
Technologist- Part Time Under minimal supervision and according to
established policies and procedures, performs radiographic studies
of breast tissue. Opens and closes the unit each day. Prepares
paperwork related to exams, and performs other related duties as
assigned. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate
competencies specific to the population served. High school diploma
or general education degree (GED) required Registered in Diagnostic
Radiology and must obtain Mammography certification within 1 year
of hire, through ARRT required (must be in good standing and valid
in the state of Michigan)
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Relations skills
- Basic math skills
- Grammar skills
- Spelling skills
- Ability to cope with confrontation
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful
- Ability to assist with problem resolution
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of patience
- Ability to adapt to shiftwork
- Ability to work in areas that are close and crowded
- Ability to cope with a high level of stress
- Ability to make fast decisions under pressure
- Ability to cope with the anger/fear/hostility of others in a
- Ability to concentrate
- High degree of flexibility Work which produces high levels of
mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small
detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained
periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal
computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves
considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight
objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks
such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining
or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical
motions are required.
- Opens the unit each morning. Turns on, prepares, and tests
equipment. Collects and organizes paperwork and supplies for the
day's scheduled exams. Informs supervisor or physicist of need for
repair or additional testing.
- Greets patients, takes a brief history, and familiarizes them
with the exam through film, printed material, and conversation.
Answers patient's questions and works to allay fears and concerns.
Makes patient aware of need for mammograms and self-breast
- Conducts radiographic examinations. Develops and quality-checks
resulting images. Determines whether additional views should be
obtained or if radiologist should be consulted. Releases patient
after verifying readability of x-ray.
- Prepares patient files for review by radiologist. Compiles
films and patient record folder. Makes sure patient history form is
attached and completed.
- Maintains the department in a clean and orderly fashion. Keeps
the dark room clean and ensures appropriate materials, supplies,
and dark room chemicals are stocked.
- Closes the unit, ensuring that all materials are correctly
stored and secured, if necessary. Makes sure machines are clean and
ready for use.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the field of radiography and
mammography. Attends lectures and/or seminars to keep informed of
any new data in Mammography, and be able to relate new findings to
- Performs duties of a radiography and ancillary functions as
directed. Participates in quality assurance/quality control
activities as needed. Coordinates and communicates activities with
all areas of Radiology.
- Does QA testing of x-ray machines and processors. Compiles data
and keeps records of daily testing, etc.
- Must have knowledge of set up and procedures used for
Steriotactic Needle Localization. Assists doctors in procedures and
- Must be adept at acquiring spot magnification views of certain
areas of the breast or any other specialized views which would aid
the radiologist in making a diagnosis.
- Maintains unsupervised access to the unit medication room(s)
for stocking and/or retrieving supplies.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer
service in a manner that is reflective of our mission, values and
customer service standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and
local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program,
Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order
to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and
- Performs related duties as assigned. Shift Variable Time Type
Part time Scheduled Weekly Hours 24 Cost Center 3840 Bronson Center
For Women (BMH) Please take a moment to watch a brief video
highlighting employment with Bronson!
Keywords: Bronson Battle Creek, Kalamazoo , Mammogram Technologist- Part Time, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!