A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
BCOM Bronson Commons
RN/LPN FT 2nd Shift - Mattawan
Under general supervision and in accordance with the policies,
procedures and guidelines established within Bronson Commons, the
Nurse Practice Act, and the Licensed Practical Nurse Scope of
Practice / Michigan, the licensed practical nurse implements and
coordinates care delivery for residents throughout the length of
stay to achieve quality outcomes and timely discharge by the
following: providing selected aspects of physical care within the
scope of professional nursing practice as appropriate given the
resident's level of acuity and complexity of care required,
utilizing principles of the nursing process in meeting specific
needs of residents, coordinating the care provided by other
interdisciplinary team members, delegating selected acts, tasks or
functions that fall within the scope and the abilities of the CNA,
and documenting and communicating the resident's response to care
provided, consumption of resources, and anticipated needs.
Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate
competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and
successful completion of an accredited program for Licensed
Practical Nursing required
Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of
BLS competency required by completion of core orientation
Successful completion of Hospital, Core, and Department specific
orientation based upon unit and experience level required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze data from various
computer systems and equipment in order to set an appropriate plan
- Must be able to constantly communicate verbally, in writing and
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g.,
interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring
alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the
operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT
between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting
of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and
occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the
equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling
material, equipment, and other objects.
The licensed practical nurse collects data pertinent to the
residents' health or the situation.
- Gathers information and data related to the resident's physical
and psychosocial needs
- Documents nursing history
- Reviews vital signs to assess condition of resident and detect
deviations from normal.
The licensed practical nurse identifies expected outcomes for a
plan individualized to the resident
- Utilizes resident/family input when defining outcomes.
Incorporates the resident values, ethical and cultural
- Coordinates discharge planning for outcomes not achieved
utilizing the continuum of care available.
The licensed practical nurse implements the identified plan.
- Implements appropriate interventions.
- Administers prescribed medication and treatment in accordance
with approved nursing techniques and polices
- Utilizes evidence-based interventions specific to the residents
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of the
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the
individualized needs of the resident, and coordinates the
implementation of the plan.
- Manages the care plan for residents by organizing and
delegation resident care interventions to be implemented. Evaluates
the effectiveness of care given by self and others.
- Incorporates Clinical Practice Guidelines into the plan when
- Develops individualized interventions with resident input when
The licensed practical nurse evaluates progress toward
attainment of the expected outcomes
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the planned interventions and
the resident response toward achievement of the expected
- Documents the resident response toward the expected
Scheduled Weekly Hours
6950 Gero-Nursing (BCOM)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting
employment with Bronson!