Company: Culvers Restaurant
Posted on: June 6, 2021
CULVER'S JOB DESCRIPTION
GENERAL MANAGER Reports to Operating Franchisee
Leads management team by providing guidance, direction, and
opportunity to ensure that every guest who chooses Culver's leaves
happy. Responsible for the operational and financial success of
- Leads team to increase business sales and net profit to meet
the annual budget while attaining the mission.
- Ensures the preparation and review of daily summary report
against daily control totals from cash register system ensuring
- Ensures accurate preparation of weekly operations report based
on the daily summary report.
- Ensures completion and daily follow-up of weekly schedule and
daily deployment based on budget forecasts to meet system labor
- Maintains controllable costs based on system averages.
- Maintains and controls product inventory according to business
- Ensures the completion and documentation of food temperatures
and product rotation as described in the Quality Control/Safe Food
Checklist and Product Rotation Report.
- Ensures Effective training and demonstration of food safety
- Ensures product quality and portion control to meet system
- Maintains and supports risk management team in implementation
of safety standards that apply to Culver's hazard communication
program and overall team and guest safety and health.
- Supervises the hiring and orientation of all team members.
- Supervises the initial, as well as ongoing training and
development of all team members according to procedures.
- Develops the management skills of the management team.
- Coaches and mentors all team members providing incidence
documentation as necessary.
- Evaluates management performance annually and supervises
bi-annual team member performance appraisals.
- Provides wage adjustments based on performance standards.
- Ensures restaurant compliance with Federal and State labor
- Enrolls team members eligible for the group benefit
- Ensures policies are enforced consistently for each team
- Conducts weekly management meetings to keep managers informed
on system changes and/or enhancements.
- Schedules a minimum of four team member meetings on an annual
basis to keep team informed on system changes and/or developments.
Uses these meetings to ensure the system standards of quality and
guest service are consistently maintained.
- Ensures consistent uniform and appearance standards of team
- Maintains timely and effective communication among team members
concerning restaurant information.
- Consistently maintains excellence in guest relations including
prompt follow up on guest comment cards.
- Supervises to ensure guests consistently receive quality
product in five minutes for in house and four minutes for
drive-thru. Supervises routine service time checks to ensure this
- Ensures the proper maintenance of equipment and repairs.
- Ensures the cleaning, organizing, maintaining and follow-up of
restaurant and grounds using visitation and full field
- Ensures daily restaurant tours have been performed before and
after each shift.
- Develops and maintains a relationship within the community as a
partner in local marketing events.
- Demonstrates positive and effective role modeling for all team
members through appearance and attitude.
- Attends all manager skills classes and effectively applies
information learned to the restaurant operations.
- Routinely checks e-mail and extranet (twice per shift) and
responds as necessary.
- Ensures the accurate implementation of new products and
- Ensures office, files and restaurant postings are maintained
correctly, according to federal, state and system standards.
- Coordinates and implements restaurant policies and procedures
to all team members.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to develop and
sustain a high performing team. Ability to build relationships and
foster a positive and friendly environment. Five years leadership
experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified from a national food safety program.
- Stands for long periods of time without sitting; Walks fast
paced during shifts; Bends, reaches and stoops
- Lift / carry 10 lbs or less Constantly; Lift / carry 11-20 lbs
Frequently; Lift / carry 21-50 lbs Occasionally; Lift / carry
51-100 lbs Rarely
Keywords: Culvers Restaurant, Kalamazoo , General Manager, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!