Lead Software Engineer (Cloud Development)
Company: Eaton Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Eaton's Vehicle division is seeking a Software Engineer (Cloud
Development) to join our team. The position will be based at our
Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI facility.
The Software Engineer (Cloud Development) is responsible for
providing rapid and efficient creation and operation of high
value-added products, systems, and services for customers of all
Eaton Industrial sector businesses. A key part of this solution is
delivering customer facing applications utilizing latest in cloud,
big data, and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies from Microsoft
and other partners. TheLead Software Engineer will be involved in
device connectivity, edge computing, dynamics software updates,
data ingestion, big data storage, data analytics and end user
portals that support all cloud development related to Eaton's IoT
strategic plan. Although Eaton is an established company with a
diverse product portfolio, this IoT development exhibits many of
the characteristics of a start-up initiative.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of
an Internet of Things solution. Development will be primarily in
- Write high-quality, clean, logical, highly-performant code, and
adopt test-driven development and agile practices.
- Demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts,
diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance
- Provide work estimates and participate in design,
implementation, and code reviews.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to
create high quality products that solve end-user problems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as
a company - are stronger.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in computer science or engineering
from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Internet of Things (IoT)
or delivering cloud enabled products (ex: Cloud, Microsoft Azure,
Google Could, Amazon Web Services, etc.).
- Candidate must reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI or
Southfield, MI to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
sponsorship now and in the future.
- Experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable
web-based applications and/or distributed systems.
- Experience in Microsoft technologies, Development experience
with Microsoft Azure a plus.
- Experience with teams applying modern agile software
development practices such as SCRUM, etc.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) /Continuous Delivery
(CD) concepts, tools, and technologies.
- Experience with C# and .Net Framework/.Net Core
- Experience with F# or another functional/hybrid programming
- Knowledge of security concepts such as encryption,
certificates, and key management.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and programming
skills, including the use of design patterns; ability to work with
multi-layered, loosely coupled, service-oriented libraries and
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Kalamazoo , Lead Software Engineer (Cloud Development), Other , Galesburg, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!