Location: Middle School &/or High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be
* Assist the classroom teacher with instructional activities for
students on caseload.
* Attend weekly staff and team meetings and other meetings as
appropriate and requested.
* Assist with communication between general education teachers
and student services team members
* Assist in planning and implementation of educational
activities. The Teacher Assistant, as directed by the teacher, will
be responsible for the supervision of the student(s) and will
direct, assist, and instruct the students as appropriate.
* Maintain student behavior through appropriate and approved
behavioral interventions and approved techniques.
* Assist with maintaining classroom organization (supplies,
* Assist in the preparation of instructional materials for
teaching and for display in the classroom.
* Independently lead small group activities.
* Implement behavior management programs and techniques and
maintain documentation of student progress in academics and
* Maintain classroom including management of required forms and
* Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Maintain a professional personal appearance.
* Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Adhere to Board Policies.
* May be asked to complete the ETS Parapro Assessment piror to