Maintenance Technician I - DMI
Company: Dole Foods
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dole Packaged Foods (Atwater Operations) is a large diverse
operation with the primary function of processing and packaging
fresh to frozen fruit for retail sale. Critical to the execution of
Dole Atwater's function of processing and packaging frozen fruit is
various processing and packaging equipment. To support business
success the site is staffed primarily on two shifts to provide
maintenance support to ensure safe and reliable operation.
Ensure that the processing and packaging equipment is properly
maintained to maximize reliability, safety, and to minimize or
eliminate any adverse effect on processing, packaging, and storage
of frozen fruit.
Has knowledge of basic concepts, practices, and procedures
within fresh to frozen food processing and packaging. Relies on
instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the
functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision and primary
job functions do not typically require exercising independent
Must be able to perform or acquire the following skills:
- Understands the hazards of ammonia and Freon refrigeration
- Assist operations in change overs.
- Monitor and record system information as necessary, report any
abnormal conditions, and ensure proper communication across
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance, repairs, and
rebuilds on all associated equipment as assigned by supervisor.
Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely
- Perform proper Lock-out/Tag-out procedures when working on
- Perform basic welding and fabrication assignments from
mechanical drawings and sketches.
- Diagnose, analyze, investigate, and correct basic causes of
malfunction of production and plant equipment.
- Keep work areas clean, neat, and orderly.
- Other duties that is reasonably associated with the above
functions of the job.
- Furnish and use hand tools normally expected of mechanic
- Ability to obtain working understanding of a CMMS system.
Document work completed, assign time and parts to proper WO.
- Good working knowledge of conveyor systems, packaging
machinery, pumps, gear reduction boxes, dicers, and other
- Must work well under pressure and insure safe performance at
- Must demonstrate a cooperative behavior with co-workers,
supervisors, and management.
- Working knowledge of GMP's within a food manufacturing
- Fork-lift and Aerial Lift license.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic computer navigation or HMI, CMMS, access procedure folder
on network, and E-mail proficiency.
- Demonstrate color proficiency.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
equipment schematics, drawings, manufacturer's literature, and
technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from supervisors and managers.
- Must be able to attain Tech Level II at the end of their 6th
year of being in maintenance department.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to work in a temperature range -15F to 110F.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Requires standing, stooping, twisting, lifting, and other
physical movements requiring full range of motion.
Employment is contingent upon drug screen, background
verification and skills test required for some positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Dole Foods, Kalamazoo , Maintenance Technician I - DMI, Other , Decatur, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!