Social Studies Teacher
Company: Van Buren Intermediate School District
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Openings as of 4/28/2021
- Half Time Social Studies Teacher Grades 6-8 / Half Time
Elementary Elective Teacher (TBD) JobID: 1276
- Position Type:
Professional Staff/ Middle School Teacher
- Date Posted:
South Haven Public Schools
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Half Time Social Studies
Teacher Grades 6-8
Half Time Elementary Elective Teacher (TBD)
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to
facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal
skills through implementing district approved curriculum;
documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes;
addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by
creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and
providing feedback to students, parents and administration
regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Administers school middle school curriculum consistent with
school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to
individualized and small group instruction, and student
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and
translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best
utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies
instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including
students with special needs; conducts individual small group
instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship
and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as
administrative regulations and procedures of the South Haven Public
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of
current developments in the educational field by attending
seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete
record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities,
achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and
ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's
standards and school district policies, and establishes and
maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a
functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other middle school professional staff
members, especially within grade level and specific subjects, to
evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty
meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids
and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the
classroom during the school day, including activities involving
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with district
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and
other central office administrators as designated by the
Superintendent. The above description is illustrative of tasks and
responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers,
printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy,
as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning
- Knowledge of middle school curriculum and concepts, including
all subject matters taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the
formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding
education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software
applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance
and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
Michigan State Certification as a Secondary Social Studies
Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education
discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Master Degree preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade
FLSA Status: Exempt
Terms of Employment: Work year and salary commensurate with the
SHEA Teacher Contract Evaluation: Performance of this job will be
evaluated in accordance with the Teacher Evaluation System.
Internal Posting Closes: April 21 st 2021
External Posting: April 21 st - Until filled
To Apply: Complete Job Application www.shps.org
Jessica Hodge, Staff Onboarding
Phone: (269) 637-0536 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Haven Public Schools
554 Green Street
South Haven, MI 49090
Condition of Employment: Fingerprinting is required for all new
South Haven Public Schools shall not discriminate in its policies
and practices with respect to compensation, terms or conditions of
employment because of age, race, color, national origin, marital
status, disability, handicap, physical characteristic, sex,
religious belief, sexual orientation, political beliefs, cultural
identity, socioeconomic status, familial status and genetic
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Van Buren Intermediate School District, Kalamazoo , Social Studies Teacher, Other , Lawrence, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!