Posted Date: May 18, 2021
- We are now hiring for several part-time CULINARY AMBASSADOR
- Location: Ascension Borgess Hospital -1521 Gull Rd, Kalamazoo,
MI 49048. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: P/T schedule; Hours vary, alternate weekends and
holidays. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: No experience required, will train!
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
541386. Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager
faster and share what makes you unique with a Prerecorded Video
Interview! Click here to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps
you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies.
Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for
help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our
success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of
helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for
Touchpoint. Click here to see what they said!
We're TouchPoint Support Services and our mission is to serve up
hospitality, for patients, their families and visitors at Ascension
Health hospitals throughout the U.S. But our work isn't just about
cooking, serving, cleaning and transporting patients. We set the
stage for healing with sparkling facilities, great food and
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and
for supporting Ascension's mission to improve the health of the
poor and vulnerable. We're serious about the role we play in
healing - and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each
other and serving our communities.
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with
service. Or maybe you're looking for a launchpad for a career
managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you spot a
need, are you ready to jump?
Summary As a member of the team, you will assist with patient
food service on assigned units (e.g., menu selections, tray
assembly, tray delivery and pick-up, special requests and
in-between food delivery).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages food allergens.
- Modifies menus according to diet prescriptions.
- Provides basic diet information throughout the patient's
- Conducts daily meal rounds.
- Assembles and delivers meal trays to our patients.
- Takes and records food temperatures on patient trays.
- Ensures each tray complies with the patient's diet orders.
- Collects and returns dirty trays to the kitchen.
- Communicates well with patients, their visitors and the
hospital's care team.
- Resolves patient dining concerns or complaints
- Reports a patient's need for assistance to a supervisor or the
care team, as appropriate.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Follows all sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
- Provides entry level diet information throughout the patient's
- Completes Nutritional Computations Record and calculate intake
- Ability to conduct intake analysis.
- Provides accurate calorie counts for documentation
- Works with Registered Dietitians to perform carb intake for
- Present an honest smile, a positive attitude, and a
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Push and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Easily connect and communicate with others.
- Speak, read and write simple sentences in English to
communicate with patients, guests and co-workers to ensure
- Pay attention to small details.
- Work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Exercise good judgment and reasonable care for the safety of
- Become a Certified Culinary Ambassador within ninety (90) days
In addition to competitive compensation and excellent benefits,
successful employees in this position enjoy:
- Encouraging management and supportive teams.
- Learning opportunities and career advancement.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following
benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following
benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we
are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 541386