Medical Assistant (MA)
Company: Premise Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We have an opening for a Full Time Medical Assistant (MA) to
work within our Employer Health Center located in Allegan, MI!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient
engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of
employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping
people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the
foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of
experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and
wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of
the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of
the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Monday - Friday 8a-430p
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate,
temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records
information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to
administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client
company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient
- May require other duties as assigned
- National certification in Medical Assisting from a Premise
Health approved organization OR Certificate/Diploma and Transcripts
from an accredited Medical Assistant program with hands on
externship completed and passed- total online courses are not
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the
copy must include the front and back of card as applicable)
Certification must include "hands on" evaluation of skills by the
trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted.
Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA)
standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Current hands on training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for
health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support
may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in
Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate,
like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an
unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face
and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Premise Health, Kalamazoo , Medical Assistant (MA), Other , Allegan, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!