Company: Cloud Cannabis Co.
Posted on: July 19, 2021
The Distillate Technician will be responsible for the continual
optimized operation of all equipment used to produce
This position is expected to thoroughly understand, master, and
teach standard procedures developed alongside the processing
director at each stage of distillate production. As an expert
in distillate production, the Distillate Technician learns and
understands the critical production factors that affect quality and
rate of production and how to control them. It is the
responsibility of the Distillate Technician to understand, operate,
train, and manage the operation of all processing equipment
including but not limited to an ethanol extraction centrifuge,
tri-clamp stainless vessels, lenticular and flat membrane filters,
selective media, falling film ethanol recovery systems, vacuum-stir
decarboxylation, and stainless steel VTA wiped-film distillation
systems powered by various chillers and heater-circulators with
various heat transfer mediums.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- The Distillate Technician must maintain awareness of critical
points in production where operator performance can affect the
moisture content, temperature, and composition as it affects phase
selectivity, oxidation and other factors that impact the quality
and throughput of distillate production.
- Ability to effectively manage a team of technicians to break
production records and prepare data-driven performance
- Ensures the safe, accurate, and timely production of
distillate; Ensures cleanliness, safety, and efficiency of the
- Provides consistent oversight of extraction procedures,
ensuring standardized requirements and accuracy.
- Expertise in Butane and Ethanol extraction methods as well as
the purification, separation, and isolation of various compounds of
- Knowledge of distillation techniques.
- Maintains quality control measures to ensure a high-quality
- Ensures compliance with State regulations and testing
requirements; develops SOPs to ensure safety, quality, and
- Stays current with practices and new developments in the
cannabis extraction industry.
- Ensures accurate weighing and inventory; all products are
packaged, counted, sorted, and labeled accurately.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, with co-workers
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with
focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized
assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to
identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so
that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company
regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing
and repetitive motions.
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for
extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance
up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance).
- Prior Laboratory experience.
- Prior Cannabis Lab / Manufacturing experience.
About Cloud Cannabis Co.
At The Brand Lab, we “live higher” by holding ourselves to a
higher standard. We do things the right way, not the easy way. Our
goal is to supply the most excellent cannabis products and
experience to our customers, while also giving back to the
community. The Brand Lab is a place for everyone, discrimination
does NOT have a home here. We are committed to making EVERYONE
healthier & happier, no exceptions.
Equal opportunity employer
The Brand Lab is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected
veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Cloud Cannabis Co., Kalamazoo , Distillate Technician, Other , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!