Posted on: September 13, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Ascension Borgess Allegan is looking
to fill a full time, night shift Clinical Facilitator
7pm-7am three days a week.
Every third weekend and rotating holidays
What You Will Do:
Prescribe, delegate, and coordinate the
overall care for each patient using the American Nurses Association
Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice, and Quality and Safety
Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies. Accountable to assess,
coordinate, supervise, develop, implement, and evaluate the
patient-centered plan of care. Responsible for shift staffing
functions for the nursing departments, utilizing the electronic
scheduleing system. Adjust shift-by-shift staffing of nursing
units, based on acuity, censis and staff level of expertise. Abide
by the competencies of the
American Nurses Association's Code of Ethics.
What You Will Need:
- Assess patients' physical, psychosocial, emotional, cultural
and spiritual needs.
- Coordinate admissions from the Emergency Department and Direct
Admissions with the department Resource Nurses to place patients,
and provide appropriate care, expeditiously.
- Provide direct care to the entire patient population served,
which may include newborns, infants, children, adolescents, adults,
and geriatrics. Direct care includes meeting physical,
psychosocial, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs in
collaboration with other care team members, the patients, family
and significant others served.
- Plan patient care utilizing individualized, interdisciplinary,
- Determine appropriate nursing diagnosis for each patient and
identifies expected outcomes and document deviations from
- Implement direct patient care using evidenced based practice
nursing standards within the scope of nursing.
- Continuously evaluate progress toward attainment of outcomes
and modify the plan of care for each patient.
- Thoroughly and effectively document and/or communicate all
information relevant to patient care.
- Perform appropriately in emergency situations and participates
on the Code Blue Team as assigned.
- Respond to, and assist with Codes: Black Stage I & II, Orange,
Yellow, Gray, Silver, Pink, Purple, Red, Severe Weather and Rapid
- Appropriately utilize resources by thoroughly and accurately
charging supplies and procedures pertinent to patient's care.
- Consistently take steps to minimize harm to patients and
improve patient safety through individual and system
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed within
scope of nursing license, accurately addressing the 'seven rights';
right patient, right dose, right time, right route, right
medication or treatment, right reason, right documentation.
- Participate in performance improvement activities for the unit
and the Department of Nursing including participating in nursing
- Be an effective inter-professional team member, offering input,
willingness to trust the skills and expertise of other team
members, collaborate in group decision making, and refer them to
sources of help if indicated.
- Be flexible in meeting the Hospital's staffing needs including
assisting in other units as necessary.
- Adjust and maintain staffing levels as needed for each
- Consistently provide effective and well-documented patient and
family health promotion and education.
- Follow and administer policies and procedures as required.
- Delegate appropriate care to individuals qualified to complete
- Promote quality nursing practice by being a preceptor to
hospital nursing students.
- Assist the orientee in selecting, arranging and performing
appropriate learning activities and communicate the progress to the
preceptor, Clinical Staff Educator, or immediate supervisor as
Attend 80% of Float Charge Nurse staff meetings.
Licensure / Certification /
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American
Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire
date or job transfer date required.
- TNCC preferred at hire, and required within one year after
- Current State of Michigan RN License required.
- Current BLS required.
- Current ACLS required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a staff nurse in an Acute
Care hospital setting, with Emergency Department and Medical
- Trauma nursing experience preferred.
- Cardiac and Neurological nursing experience preferred.
- Orthopedic nursing experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Emergency and or house supervision experience
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Borgess is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , RN-Clinical Facilitator, Other , Allegan, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!