Commercial Service Technician - Training Provided - Kalamazoo, MI
Company: Goodyear - US English
Posted on: October 9, 2021
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader
with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care
Centers located across the United States. We have the unique
ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while
also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local
fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'.
Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by
Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted
tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you
lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total
Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As a Commercial Service Technician, you will
be accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and
related services needed for all commercial tire users both in the
truck care center and on the road. Experience isn't required for
this?position,?you will be able to be trained in any skills
required.?We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as
you invest in ours; apply today!?
Responsibilities will include but not
be limited to:???
- Service Commercial Tires including dismounting and mounting any
type of tire.??
- Train to perform match mounting, match mating dual assemblies,
and radial runout as necessary.?
- Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load
- Perform roadside service calls on a rotating on call
- Determine repairable tire conditions and making such
- Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.?
- Properly execute required service ticket to submit to
- Respond in a timely manner to customer service calls,
diagnosing issues, and performing on-site repairs and/or
- Clean and maintain service equipment.?
- Properly maintain assigned Service Vehicle including appearance
of on-board service equipment.?
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals
of the location and of customers?
- Comply with OSHA regulations and safety
- Wear proper PPE, use tire cages, and follow all other safety
policies and procedures.?
- Any other duties as assigned by management?
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time,
which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial
tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting?
- Position requires an on-call schedule on a rotating basis. Must
be willing to perform roadside service calls on a rotating, on-call
schedule. During the on-call period, associates are paid double
time for service calls (2 hour minimum). ?
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet commercial driver
qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of
- No relocation is being offered for this position.?
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
without company sponsorship now or in the future.?
- High School Diploma or GED.?
- Previous Commercial Service Tire experience/ General Labor/
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.?
- Strong oral and written communication ability.?
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced
environment as part of a team.?
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and
willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to
attend appropriate training sessions.
Keywords: Goodyear - US English, Kalamazoo , Commercial Service Technician - Training Provided - Kalamazoo, MI, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!