Recreation Aide (Activities Aide)
Company: Mission Point Healthcare
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Ely Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center 1200
Ely Street, Allegan, MI 49010
MISSION POINT HEALTHCARE SERVICES Delivering Excellence.
Every Life. Every Moment. Every Day.
Are YOU an enthusiastic individual that loves arts
and crafts and a desire to work for a compassionate company in your
community? The Recreation Assistant (Activities
Aide) role may be a great fit for you. Become a difference
maker with Mission Point, a growing company that invests in their
What we offer:
• A positive employee culture
• Employee recognition program
• Competitive wages
• 401K employer match
• A variety of affordable benefit options
• Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
• Employee Assistance Services
What you do: The Recreation Assistant implements
the facility's Recreation activities and consistently engage
residents in familiar routines of daily living through personalized
familiar tasks that residents enjoyed doing in the past, and that
can still bring a sense of success, meaning, and purpose in the
present. The Recreation Assistant is responsible for providing
residents with encouragement, prompts, and hands-on assistance.
• Implements Recreation Programs in accordance with the planned
Monthly Calendar and as assigned by the Recreation Director and
ensures that the programs are conducted timely and at the locations
specified on the calendar.
• Implements the One-on-One and Room Visit Programs as assigned by
the Recreation Director and completes the electronic and paper
charting of the visits accurately and timely.
• Maintains records in the electronic chart of resident
participation in group and one-on-one programs.
• Assists in the completion of the Leisure Interest Assessment, and
communicates any new leisure, interest, or need identified to
provide a variety of leisure interventions during visits that are
consistent with the Resident's interests.
• Leads programs such as music, crafts, recreation, exercise,
religious service, and other group programs as assigned/scheduled,
and ensures group participation records are completed timely and
accurately and more.
What you need:
• High School Graduate or equivalent required.
• Experience working with senior groups, or in leading and
assisting with group activities is preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with various types of arts and crafts
Who we are: Mission Point is a full-service
healthcare organization with special focus on Long Term care and
Short-term Nursing & Rehabilitation. Founded in 2012 and with 28
facilities across Michigan, Mission Point's goal is to provide the
highest level of quality of care in a compassionate and safe
environment. Mission Point helps its residents live a healthy,
happy, and productive lifestyle.
Keywords: Mission Point Healthcare, Kalamazoo , Recreation Aide (Activities Aide), Other , Plainwell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!