We Are Hiring:
Join our Ascension Borgess Allegan Team as
a Surgical Technologist - First Assist (CST-FA)
We offer you a competitive compensation,
professional development, well-being programs and holistic growth
opportunities. Work-life balance through generous paid time off,
tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, medical, dental, vision
and retirement match.
What You Will Do:
Ensure the quality of and appropriateness
of care for all age groups in the specific patient population to
include neonates, infants, children, adolescents and geriatrics.
Demonstrate an ability to assist surgeons as directed in surgical
procedures for all patients. Provide guidance and supervision to
other surgical technicians meeting quality and cost effective
What You Will Need:
- Follow the aseptic technique standard within the surgical
setting and corrects any breaks in technique.
- Arranges operating room equipment and supplies following
surgeons preference card and procedure requirements.
- Follows policy and procedure standards for sponge, needle and
- The surgeon shall convey the exact position that will give the
best exposure for the surgical procedure. The surgical assistant
will carry out this order. Consideration will be given to the
patient s comfort and safety.
- Assist surgeons as directed in surgical procedures for all
- Provide guidance and supervision to other surgical technicians
meeting quality and cost effective outcomes.
- Handle, prepare and administration of medication while under
the supervision of a physician.
- Immediate postoperative evaluation of the most common
postoperative complications or conditions (ex: peripheral pulses,
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Certified Surgical Assistant specializing in First Assistant
credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and
Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year)
of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certified Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of
Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Graduation from an accredited Surgical Technologist program is
- Graduation from accredited First Assistant program within 18
months of start date.
- Proficient as first and/or second scrub for minimum for four
(4) years. Consideration given for years of experience.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Borgess is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information