Sr. Project Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Sr. Project Engineer evaluates, assembles, and designs
packaging equipment systems to create and modify automated
solutions for Design Group clients. This position will act as a
project lead/SME on packaging and equipment activities in a variety
of industries (pharmaceutical, consumer, beverage, food,
In addition, this role will be responsible for identification
and troubleshooting of potential or current packaging systems
problems and support of clients to identify and resolve problems to
maintain and potentially increase productivity.
- Will complete packaging line design and development to include
estimation, justification, budget, schedule, design,
implementation, acquisition, installation, start-up,
troubleshooting, and documentation facilities and equipment
compliant with local, state, federal, and international
- Develop equipment design and specifications, design of
equipment support systems, and bid analyses.
- Lead communications with vendors (OEM’s) and contractors to
implement “cutting edge” automation solutions.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvement
objectives using industry standard tools and procedures (Change
Control, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate existing packaging operations and suggest
and drive projects to provide immediate ROI and improve
- Identify and specify required tooling and/or packaging
equipment for projects within designated timelines.
- 3+ years of experience in packaging solutions, mechanical
design, and project engineering.
- Experience in at least one of the following industries:
Beverage, Food, Consumer Products, Pharmaceutical, Industrial.
- Must showcase a deep understanding of all types of packaging
equipment (filling, secondary packaging, palletizing) in a range of
industries and applications. Ideally including fully
- Demonstrate daily problem-solving capabilities including
strategic and critical thinking.
- Must have strong interpersonal/communication
skill: verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills including communication,
financial management, and team leadership.
- Cross-functional networking and influencing ability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with
- Strong desire and aptitude to interact and build relationships
- Understanding of FDA regulations and requirements surrounding
documentation required is a plus.
- Ability to close out projects successfully and building for the
- Have a strong history of critical problem solving “wins”.
- Experience in writing scope of work documentation and managing
contractors on site.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable ACAD, SOPs and
- Knowledge of packaging components & equipment types correlating
to those components.
- General understanding of automation control systems (PLC, HMI,
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or
equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 3-5yr years of industrial project engineering or
project management experience involving packaging
systems and manufacturing automation applications. Experience
in the food, dairy or high speed beverage/brewery industries is
applicable and preferred.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Kalamazoo , Sr. Project Engineer (Design Group), Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!