Patient Relations Project Coordinator
Company: Bronson Battle Creek
Posted on: January 15, 2022
CURRENT BRONSON EMPLOYEES - Please apply using the career
worklet in Workday. This career site is for external applicants
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge
technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined
with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Patient Relations Project Coordinator
The Patient Relations Project Coordinator is responsible for
improving patient satisfaction system-wide through ongoing
development, and process improvement initiatives. The Patient
Relations Project Coordinator is also actively involved in the
Patient Relations department working with patients, families,
providers, and staff to resolve complaints and grievances.
Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate
competencies specific to the population served.
Bachelor's degree preferred and 3-5 years healthcare experience
* Ability to rapidly identify and define problems, collect and
analyze data, establish root cause, and identify and present
* An understanding of and ability to apply change management models
and methods (e.g., Kaizen, Lean) in support of various sized change
initiatives, 3 years relevant experience in the areas of process
improvement, change management, or equivalent and a solid working
knowledge of service excellence tools and processes.
* Exceptional written/verbal communication, research, and
* A proven ability to work cooperatively across organizational
boundaries and provide exceptional internal and external customer
service, 5 years of demonstrated experience in (and passion for)
the areas of service excellence or customer relations.
* A demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects through
their life-cycle and, upon completion, achieve meaningful and
* Strong conflict management skills and a demonstrated ability to
unite individuals around a common goal, 2-3 years of experience
with conflict resolution required.
* Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to work
* Organizational and time management skills required.
* Must have the knowledge necessary to develop & maintain a
computer database of patient complaint information including
tracking & trending data.
* High level of proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
* Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g.,
interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring
alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the
operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT
between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
* The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that
include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and
some lifting of up to 50 pound objects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Analyze system-wide data from Patient Relations customer
complaints and HCAHPS scores and assess current processes to
identify areas in greatest need of improvement.
* Focusing on consistently high areas of patient complaints (eg,
Cost - Charges, Clinical - Process Quality), plan, prioritize,
implement, and oversee improvement initiatives across the
* Partner with system and hospital leadership teams to analyze
patient experience survey results to identify special projects to
improve patient satisfaction (eg, verify best practices in
inpatient nursing are occurring consistently [ie, white board
usage, hand-washing, hourly rounding, fall prevention] through
patients' and families' actual experiences.
* Develop tools and implementation process for such initiatives,
analyze data, and share results with leadership teams.
* Identify and evaluate internal and external patient
experience-related best practices and implement/promote them across
the health system.
* Support the Director of the Bronson Experience with new patient
* Continuous Patient Relations education and support
* Provide ongoing support to all new and current patients regarding
issues and ensure high quality customer service
* Coordinate projects within the organization that supports
Positive outcomes and patient feedback
* Define the project organization and lead multidisciplinary
project team meetings regarding critical issues
* Define the project structure and objectives together with
* Evaluate weekly HCAHPS scorecards for systemic issue
* Conduct feasibility studies with Director of the Bronson
* Decrease risk mitigation - set percentage by organization
* Utilize research and data to correct pending mitigation
* Identify best practices for organization and system wide
* Review daily admissions:
Oversee and Improve in the following areas.
* Greet patients
* Review care pages
* Interpreter needs
* Pastoral visit process
* Bedside books
* Lost and Found process
* Communication boards
* Huddle with current nursing staff with needs and/or request
* Add general comfort
* Daily report Huddle
* Provide updated Rights/Responsibilities, EMTALA and NOPP
information for the entire Bronson system.
* Coordinate installation of updated information throughout system
by use of onsite vendors and contracted vendors
* Update and review interior signage throughout organization for
* Maintain signage budget, report, explain and maintain negative
* Support and maintain ergonomic standards for the organization to
improve employee satisfaction
* Work with Facility Planning team on current and new capital
projects to ensure consistency and flow as requested
* Support and work with Corporate Communication with updated
* Support and maintain consistency through monthly rounding
inspections throughout the organization to assist departments with
* Design, implement and oversee the stocking and reordering of the
clothing closets at BMH, BBC, Fieldstone, BLH, and BSH
* EOC Security
* Arts Council
* Serve as a greeter/screener as needed and requested system
* Provide supportive and backup assistance to Patient Relations
staff as needed
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Bronson
Qualifications for Greeting/Screening
Must be comfortable relating to diverse groups of people. Must have
the ability to give instructions in a manner that assures complete
understanding. The ability to operate wheelchairs is necessary.
Must be friendly, positive, and professional when working with
Must be calm, yet assertive when dealing with aggressive
Generally works in a clean, well-lighted & temperature controlled
environment, which can be a very busy and stressful
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; walk; use hands to assist patients and visitors.
The employee must wear the appropriate uniform.
The Patient Relations Project Coordinator/ Greeter Screener must
demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with customers and
coworkers via telephone and face to face. The individual must also
demonstrate adherence to the Bronson Statement of Values and
maintain a positive attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Enforces the visitor policy.
* Provides general information as necessary.
* Way finding for visitorsleading when possible; assists customers
with directions and other communication needs within the department
in a timely manner.
* Assists elderly/disabled patients/visitors through the department
as needed. Transports persons to locations in the hospital, as
* Ensures that people are following the no smoking policy.
* Completes other duties as assigned.
* Monitor waiting areas for cleanliness and orderliness. Straighten
up and tidy waiting areas as necessary.
* Report any Environmental issues that may occur to Environmental
* Co-ordinate patient visitation with nursing (i.e. no children
allowed to visit if
* Facilitate accurate Guest Services Book Card exchange (when
* Be able to access In- house patient's names and room numbers.
* Always uses the interaction Standards when dealing with internal
and external customers.
* Oversee elevator usage and stairwells during security drills.
* Unit specific responsibilities could include:
* Sort Reports by pods (when requested)
* Assemble chart packets (when requested)
* Answer phone within 3 rings and transfer calls to appropriate
* Get nourishment for patients under the direction of primary nurse
* Help floor staff discharge patients to doors/cars when requested
(these should be non-complicated IE weight bearing patients)
* Answer Call lights (when requested)
* Help with phone and beeper sheets for the night shift when
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1920 Patient Relations (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment
Keywords: Bronson Battle Creek, Kalamazoo , Patient Relations Project Coordinator, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!