Company: JBS USA
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Purchasing Assistant-Serves under Purchasing Supervisor
The primary responsibilities of purchasing assistant are the
retrieving, issuing, and stocking of parts and materials. The
stockroom clerk is the first responder to assist at counter to
handle parts retrieval and issuance.
Expected duties include but are not limited to:
* Retrieving, issuing, and documenting parts and materials as they
are received and dispersed.
* Receiving and taking delivery of parts and materials.
* Delivering parts and materials.
* Operating a forklift
* Load and unload product placing bales of cardboard, chemicals,
machinery etc. away in warehouses and overhead storage racks.
* Unloading freight and chemicals from incoming deliveries.
* Dumping 2 cu yd dumpsters filled with trash, production residue,
and hide sludge and other waste materials into open top trash
dumpsters and trash compactors.
* Retrieving chemicals from chemical storage and racking and
delivering to various departments.
Individual must be attentive to detail and record keeping to
perform the following:
* Taking daily or cyclical inventories.
* Verifying on hand inventories.
* Verifying incoming shipments of materials.
* Posting receivers on computer system.
* Issuing materials from inventory on computer system.
* Filing paperwork and documents by combination of company name and
* Hand writing issue slips and inventories requiring:
* Legible penmanship
* Ability to read and interpret detail of labels and placards on
* Ability to write twelve (12) digit number sequences without
* Finding parts and materials in the computer data base for
maintenance and other departments.
* Checking on hand computer balances.
* Finding locations and warehouses where parts are stored.
* Researching Order histories including the following:
* On order quantities
* Requisitions and details including for whom the materials were
* Receiving histories.
* Issue histories.
* Return and repair histories.
* Handling Repairs and returned parts and materials.
Individuals must have strong work ethic, be dependable, able to
work independently (often without direct supervision) and possess a
strong cooperative attitude.
Other experience or background that is not required but is helpful
and preferred is:
* Ability to speak and/or write Spanish.
* Strong Computer Skills
* Familiarity with mechanical parts and materials.
* Maintenance experience.
* Experience with packaging materials.
* Experience in handling chemicals.
* Warehouse or stockroom experience.
+++ Day - 6:00am to 2:30pm M-F
"The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment
for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new
team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is
a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the
first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date
of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the
Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners
following a conditional job offer, if one is made."
You must have at the minimum, first dose of the covid vaccine.
Keywords: JBS USA, Kalamazoo , purchasing Assistant, Other , Plainwell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!