Company: JBS USA
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Purchasing Specialist - This position will report to the
Purchasing Manager. The core responsibility of this position is to
have continuous progress on ensuring parts needed are on hand to
reduce operational downtime while reducing obsolete inventory to
improve working capital. This will be accomplished by
identification of critical MRO parts, identification of the level
of criticality based on A, B, C model, building BOMs, and
identification and removal of obsolete material. The individual
will be responsible to work independently to ensure there is
Expected duties include but are not limited to:
* Researching MRO items based on the level of usage/movements,
receipt dates, verify storage locations and update as
* Create/Extend SAP # as needed, vendors, parts. Set up of new
stock items, BOM and critical A, B, C assigned at time of set
* Review MRP settings, lead times, ship points to allow lean
inventory/ max turns. Edit and update MRP settings as needed based
on historical usage and need.
* Identify items that can be purchased intercompany versus from
vendor to assist in lowering inventories of slow moving items.
* Communicating with individuals within the maintenance department
as well as production if needed to obtain accurate information.
* Understanding the A,B,C model to ensure criticality of parts are
* Looking up and identifying the BOMs that the part is used on and
getting that information documented in the audit format.
* Operating a forklift if needed to identify items specifically, if
they have not been identified.
* Taking photos of the items and identifying them with the SAP item
number in a spreadsheet as well as in SAP.
* All other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Individual must be attentive to detail and record keeping to
perform the following:
* The task that this individual will be responsible for will need
to be accurate and attentive to detail.
* Verifying on hand inventories.
* Ability to read and interpret detail of labels and placards on
* Ability to write twelve-digit number sequences without
* Finding parts and materials in the computer data base for
maintenance and other departments.
* Checking on hand computer balances.
* Finding locations and warehouses where parts are stored.
* Researching Order histories including the following:
* On order quantities
* Requisitions and details including for whom the materials were
* Receiving histories.
* Issue histories.
* Return and repair histories.
Other experience or background that is not required but is helpful
and preferred is:
* SAP experience or ability to learn SAP.
* Familiarity with mechanical parts and materials.
* Experience/understanding of the purchasing department.
* Maintenance experience.
* Warehouse or stockroom experience.
"The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment
for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that
goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new
team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is
a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the
first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date
of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the
Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners
following a conditional job offer, if one is made."
Keywords: JBS USA, Kalamazoo , purchasing Specialist, Other , Plainwell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!