In Vitro Biologist - Cell Culture, ELISA, Flow Cytometry
Company: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Companion Animal Research group is seeking a talented in vitro
biologist that can contribute to our efforts in Global
Therapeutics. The group partners with therapeutic areas and project
teams to design novel substrate and build robust testing funnels
for a variety of therapeutic approaches that improve diseases or
conditions in companion animals (cats, dogs, horses).
The successful candidate should have at least 1 year of relevant
experience executing cell-free and cell-based in vitro screens for
evaluation. Experience with flow cytometry, developing and/or
optimizing phenotypic screens (co-cultures, 3D organotypic
cultures, or high content assessments in cells, etc.) and in vitro
screens are a plus. Excellent communication, organizational and
interpersonal skills are essential.
- Execute, optimize and develop cell-free (e.g. ligand binding
assays, biochemical assays) and cell-based in vitro screens for
substrate (small molecule and biotherapeutics) evaluation.
- Develop cell-based in vitro screens is highly desirable.
- Work with immune-based techniques such as flow cytometry, cell
sorting, immunohistochemistry, ELISAs, westerns, etc.
- Apply a variety of cellular and molecular techniques to develop
cellular models of disease for veterinary species.
- Primary cell cultures, co-cultures, and/or 3D-organotypic
- RNA extraction and qPCR techniques
- Culturing and maintenance of cell lines and primary cell
- Isolation of primary cells
- Data analysis and interpretation; maintenance of an accurate
lab notebook and presentation of data at team meetings
- Collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines
- Educational background: BS or MS (molecular or cellular
biology, immunology or related field).
- Training or experience in biological sciences preferred.
- Experience in the establishment of in vitro models of
- Experience in flow cytometry and high content screening.
- Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Mask Use Is Required For Employees At This Facility.
Work environment: The person filling this position will work
predominantly in a laboratory setting. There may be exposure to
animal pathogens and chemicals. There may be handling of, and/or
exposure to animal tissue and zoonotic organisms
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates
currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are
encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, Kalamazoo , In Vitro Biologist - Cell Culture, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!