Activities Specialist - Full or Part Time
Company: Park Village Pines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Do you have a heart for helping people? Do you enjoy making people
smile? Come join the staff in the activities department at Park
Village Pines and help enrich the lives of our senior
residents.Company Description:Park Village Pines has provided
Senior Assisted Living in Kalamazoo (and Elderly Assisted Care
services) since 1983. In our three buildings, we serve seniors and
the elderly who have few or basic care needs as well as those who
require specialized or memory loss care.As a non-profit
organization, we are uniquely committed to being an excellent
Christ-centered senior care center and Christian residency
community where people love to live, work, and support.Benefits
Available (for Full Time):
- Medical & Prescription coverage ($24/pay check)
- Dental & Vision (free for the employee)
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Clothing Allowance
- Anniversary Bonuses... and more..
Job Summary:The Activities staff is responsible for coordinating
resident activities including- facilitating group activities,
individual visits with residents, community outings, and hosting
special events. They strive to promote teamwork throughout all
- Caring and understanding
- Good Communication and Time-management Skills
- Leadership SkillsResponsibilities:
- Plan, organize, lead, and document daily activities.
- Be available to work weekends and holidays as necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized environment - room set-up and
completing daily tasks.
- Plan and/or participate in community and area outings -
Responsible for assisting with loading, driving, & maintaining
- Assist in planning monthly calendar of events for Park Village,
Oakview Terrace, and Crystal Woods
- Welcome new residents and help to orientate to their new
- Create & maintain an up-to-date bulletin board of current
- Maintain good verbal and written communication among residents,
families, and staff members.
- Available to work some holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Maintains neat, well-groomed appearance adhering to Park
Village Pines' dress code.
- Lift, push/pull 50 lbs.+, assisting residents to/from their
- Stand or walk up to 90% of an eight-hour shift.
- Basic bird aviary care (clean water, food, and windows).
- Seasonal garden care: planting, watering, and deadheading on a
daily basis at all buildings.
Keywords: Park Village Pines, Kalamazoo , Activities Specialist - Full or Part Time, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!