3rd Shift Systems Support Specialist I
Company: Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
•\tInstalls, modifies, configures, and repairs computer hardware
and software systems, and provides technical and functional
assistance to system users.
•\tPerform oversight and administration of ITSM Tools, accuracy of
information in ticketing system, and compliance to current & future
KPI's and Performance Metrics.
•\tInstalls, configures, troubleshoots, and upgrades computer
related production equipment, such as labeling equipment, shop
floor data collection terminals, hand-held terminals, HMI's,
•\tTier 1 support and administration of telephony and voicemail
systems. Installs and maintains physical equipment, user assignment
of extensions, backbone cabling, phone lines, and fax devices. Acts
as liaison between equipment vendors and the company.
•\tProvides support in the administration and integration of local
area network(s) (LAN) and wireless local area networks (WLAN),
under the direction of the BTS Systems Support Supervisor, BTS
Systems Support Manager, and/or Network & Security Team.
•\tImplements, Maintains, & Supports any current or future
electronic and technical systems, end user computing, or process
execution systems, as required.
•\tInstalls, configures, monitor's, troubleshoots, and maintains
stand-alone/network printers, mobile printers, label printers
and/or Multi-Function Devices.
•\tCreates, Updates, and maintains Standard Operating Procedures,
How to Documents and Work Instructions at the direction and/or
request of the BTS Systems Support Supervisor, BTS Systems Support
Manager. Reviews documentation for accuracy and integration into
Knowledge Management System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs or assists in installation of hardware and peripheral
components, such as HMI's/MMI's, mobile devices, monitors,
keyboards, printers, and other similar or related equipment.
- Installs/Configures specified software packages, such as
operating systems, standard applications that would include but not
limited to Microsoft Office Applications Suite, Windows current or
future operating systems, proprietary ERP applications, custom
- Instructs & Trains users in use of equipment, software, and
manuals, including one on one training, and the creation of value
added documentation. Provides additional and continued training as
need in support of integrated hardware & software systems.
- Performs infrastructure troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose
common network or communication related problems.
- Upgrades infrastructure hardware and software components as
required and at the direction of IT System Support Supervisor, IT
System Support Manager, and/or Network & Security Team.
- Installs and troubleshoots wiring as required for local area
network and telephony systems, including isolated or segmented
- Monitor functioning of manufacturing, distribution IT equipment
to ensure systems operate in conformance with specifications.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on computers, HMI's, labeling &
printing devices, peripherals, etc.
- Support IT Technical Teams & IT Operations Team in continued
expansion and ongoing support of Infrastructure & Server Equipment,
including but not limited to UPS, Servers, Switch Gear, Storage,
- Administration of Incident Management & Request Fulfillment
queues in ITSM Tool, focusing on continuous improvement and
emphasis on root cause analysis.Education and Experience
- H.S. diploma, Technical. Electronic/Computer Training or
Certifications, Two (2) years of college a plus.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in a technical
supported manufacturing or distribution environment a plus. Related
Help Desk, Desktop, & Network Troubleshooting experience a
- A+ Certification a Plus, ITIL Certification a PlusAdditional
- Additional responsibilities as directed by the IT Systems
Support Supervisor, BTS Systems Support Manager or Director, IT
Systems Support, Service Support, Plant Automation.Work Environment
- Ability to work various hours, including 2nd/3rd shift &
weekends. Work schedules vary based on production needs: will
include extended hours and weekend work.
- Ability to work in confined areas, ceilings, and attic spaces
to support infrastructure hardware or backbone cabling.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. in order to move and/or install
- Ability to work in refrigerated (34-38 degree) environment for
- Ability to work in high temperature areas (attic space) for
- Willing to travel if necessary for training & on-site systems
Management Information Systems
Keywords: Delicatessen Services Co., LLC, Kalamazoo , 3rd Shift Systems Support Specialist I, Other , Augusta, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!