Peer Recovery Coach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*PEER RECOVERY COACH*: OnPoint is seeking candidates for one (1)
full time Peer Recovery Coach positions. The candidates will act as
a mentor and coach within a co-occurring treatment setting,
providing support, feedback and direction from a perspective of
lived experience, supporting Allegan County residents with mental
health, substance use and co-occurring disorders to achieve
identified goals and enhance health and wellness.
*Pay Range/Benefits: *
Salary_: _* *$44,788 - $58,777 annually
Flexible Work Conditions:
* Work at home, in the community and in the office
* Telehealth Options as allowable by funding and regulatory
* Includes driving
* Light manual labor, prolonged sitting, bending, lifting less than
25 lbs., pushing/pulling, squatting, and reaching
* Maintain composure in high stress situations
* Fast-paced team-supported environment working with multiple
* 401(a) retirement: employer matching
* 457 retirement
* Paid holidays
* Benefits effective date of hire:
* Medical insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision Coverage
* Employer funding of Health Savings Account (up to elected
* Employer Paid benefits:
* Disability insurance
* Life insurance (up to $50,000)
* Paid Time Off
* Certified Peer Recovery Coach Certification in Michigan strongly
preferred but will consider applicants in need of work experience
to start the certification process. Agency will support Peer
Recovery Coach Certification. Lived substance use recovery
experience extremely valued.
* Valid driver's license, good driving record and adequate
insurance with a reliable vehicle available for entire duration of
* Can remain organized and focused in the midst of ever-changing
client needs, shifting between active and sedentary work, and
meeting client needs while also completing required paperwork and
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion,
including understanding and respecting the unique strengths,
challenges and barriers faced by those we serve.
* Follow up on clients presenting through the Access/Crisis
department to assist in safety planning, connecting to appropriate
resources and establishing a therapeutic relationship.
* Represent SUD (Substance Use Disorder) Services department and
Access/Crisis department in working to engage community in
connection to services.
* Assist clients in connecting to treatment providers and problem
solve any barriers (I.e transportation) to connect client to
* Follow up with clients authorized for substance use residential
and detox services to ensure barrier reduction and treatment
participation in a person-centered manner.
* Assist Access/Crisis and SUD Services in obtaining detox and
residential treatment for clients. Z
* Assist clients in level-of-care stepdown between treatment
* Provide services at the times and in the locations most
convenient and comfortable to the client(s).
* Documentation of services and collection of program, service and
community data (including assisted outpatient treatment orders)
according to established protocols
* Provide opportunities for individuals to experience full
community participation in work, recreational, residential and
* Participate in various non-direct service activities including
supervision, staff meetings, treatment planning, quality
improvement, utilization review, continuing education, and other
duties as assigned.
* Perform duties in accordance with established funding, regulatory
and accreditation protocols.
* Computer skills
* Basic iPhone Knowledge
* Office 365 Skills
* Virtual platforms (Teams, Zoom)
Positions to be filled: *
* One full time (40 hours/week) position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,788.00 - $58,777.00 per year%58047475%
Keywords: OnPoint, Kalamazoo , Peer Recovery Coach, Other , Allegan, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!