2nd Shift Sanitation
Company: Common Citizen
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Job Title: Sanitation Citizen*
*Reports to: Sanitation Supervisor*
*FSLA Status: * *Non-Exempt*
*Shift: 2nd Shift Monday - Friday 12pm-8:30pm*
Common Citizen is proud to be a Michigan-based cannabis company
committed to changing the social stigma that prevents people from
enjoying the greater quality of life that cannabis can provide. Our
company is founded on two principles: 'cannabis for humanity' and
'change for the better'. 'Cannabis for humanity' meaning we put
people first in everything we do - from our safe, high quality
cannabis plants to our world-class customer experience to our
caring workplace environment. 'Change for the better' meaning that
we have an insatiable desire to make ourselves, our product and our
team experience better each and every day. In fact, we are working
hard to become and be recognized as a Great Place to Work Best
Workplaces in the USA.
*About This Role*
Every position at Common Citizen from seed to sale, is contributing
to our mission to serve our fellow citizens of Michigan with the
highest quality, safest cannabis product through our highly
individualized and education-oriented provisioning centers. The
Sanitation Citizen is responsible for handling and using approved
chemicals for the cleaning and sanitation of our facilities.
Outlined below is what we see you doing at this point in time. We
are a fast-growing company looking for people that are excited to
grow along with us.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support, and comply with all cannabis safety & food safety
management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety,
employee safety, preventative programs, Good Agricultural Practices
(GAP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Responsible for the cleaning & janitorial services to support
locker rooms, break rooms, and non-production / office areas
- Conduct required floor care including cleaning, mopping, sweeping
and other general cleaning duties.
- Clean and scrubs equipment, utensils, tables, counters,
containers, etc. to the methods set by the Sanitation Standard
Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Operate moderately complex cleaning equipment such as power
lifting equipment, floor scrubbers, pressure washers, ladders, and
other identified equipment critical to completing tasks.
- Accurate recording of sanitation specific data.
- Assist in the disposal of chemical and other wastes according to
- Work with, and near janitorial and sanitizing chemicals.
- Demonstrate proper use and documentation of chemicals.
- Launders sanitation supplies.
- Cleans processing equipment, containers, overhead pipes, and
sanitation cleaning equipment.
- Performs specialized cleaning duties as required by the Master
Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- Asist in vendor delivers for the facility in regard to sanitation
assign items (i.e., uniforms, water, supplies, etc.)
- Assist in caring for and maintaining uniforms in a sanitary
- Assist in 5S and inventory management of sanitation supplies.
- Maintains a neat and sanitary work area throughout the
- Must be able to obtain OSHA OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training
and Certification for Individuals, OSHA Hazardous Chemical
Information Certificate Course, ServSafe Food Handler
- Applicable knowledge of industrial safety such as PPE, LOTO,
confined space, hazardous communication, SDS, etc.
- Identify, report, and problem solve conditions or practices that
may compromise food safety or overall sanitation effectiveness
- Assist in the development of Sanitation Standard Operating
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Communicate with Sanitation Lead if any equipment/tools need
attention or suffer from quality issues
- Must be able to gain knowledge of agency requirements: CRA
(Michigan Cannabis Regulatory Agency), FSMA (Food Safety
Modernization Act), 21 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations Title 21
Food and Drugs), USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture), MDARD
(Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development), MDHHS
(Michigan Department of Health & Human Services, LHD (Local Health
Department), Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
- Attend daily, monthly and any other meetings as assigned.
- Participate and learn through company provided training.
- Be able to work in both a team and individual setting to
accomplish cleaning and sanitation tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sanitation Lead or
*The Experience You Bring and the Skills we Need: *
- Problem solving skills
- This is a dynamic team, and as such daily tasks may vary,
resulting in a fast paced and lively work environment.
- Sanitation experience preferred
- Must be able to work individually and in a team setting
- Must be able to demonstrate self-motivation
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or
- Reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable working in a greenhouse environment (tolerance of
heat & humidity)
- Must be able to work in environments of excessive noise with
appropriate safety PPE
*Why You'd Love This Role*
* A high level of professionalism and believe in our founding
principles: "Cannabis for humanity" and "Change for the better". As
such, you enjoy being involved in the community and being a steward
for the company and the positive change that we believe in.
* A passion for providing the residents and visitors of Michigan
with the highest quality and safest cannabis products in the
* A desire to change the social perception of cannabis and a
passion for humanity.
* A constant desire to learn new skills and believe in continuous
improvement, both personally and professionally.
* Value integrity and honesty and want to bring those values to the
* Enjoy being part of a team and sharing your skills with your
* An appreciation for all stages of the production cycle of
cannabis, including harvesting, trimming and processing.
* An awareness of the contamination risk between a commercial and
home grow, and thus can commit to not operating a home grow while
working with us in the greenhouse.
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits active your first day of
* Paid time off
* Employee discount
* Employee sponsored life insurance
* Employee assistance program
* 401K & 401K matching
*Common Citizen* is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an environment of mutual
respect for all people. If you are a member of an equity group, you
are encouraged to self-identify, on your application, cover letter
*\*\*\*Must be at least 21 years of age as required by the
Marijuana Regulatory Association\*\**
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Common Citizen, Kalamazoo , 2nd Shift Sanitation, Other , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!