Company: Zoetis, Inc
Posted on: January 24, 2023
FORMULATION SCIENTISTWe are seeking an experienced formulation
scientist to develop new veterinary drug products and reformulate
existing products. The formulation scientist will be responsible
for: 1) screening new chemical entities, 2) conducting formulation
screening and optimization studies, 3) characterizing drug
products, and 4) developing manufacturable formulation processes.
Dosage forms may include sterile injectables (liquid and
lyophilized), oral liquids, topicals/transdermals, and others for a
variety of animal species. The scientist will work with
interdisciplinary teams such as chemistry, clinical, analytical,
regulatory, and others to guide projects from early discovery
through product launch. The scientist may be expected to lead
formulation teams, and work with junior and senior formulation
scientists to advance formulations through to approval.
- Pre-formulation development, including screening new chemical
entities and formulations to solve solubility, stability, and
- Support discovery team with enabling formulations, and
generation of experimental supplies for early-stage studies.
- Author study protocols, development reports, and regulatory
documents for filing and commercial launch.
- Formulation design, characterization, development, and process
scale-up including transfer to global manufacturing sites.
- Research and development of drug delivery systems internally
and/or through external partners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS (> 10 years' experience), MS (> 5 years' experience)
or PhD (> 5 years' experience) in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry,
Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in conducting pre-formulation and formulation
- Knowledge in Biopharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics, Chemistry, and
- Experience working in matrix-like teams and collaborating with
diverse scientists, including external partners.
- Extensive knowledge of API properties, drug degradation
pathways, solubilization, and stabilization techniques.
- Experience in authoring supporting documentation for regulatory
- Effective and demonstrated communication and leadership
- Solid understanding of statistics and graphing software.
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
- Solid understanding of Quality by Design, and Design of
Experiment approaches and techniques.
- Familiarity with GMP, VICH, Pharmacopeial, Technical and
Regulatory requirements in relation to animal health product
development and manufacturing.
- Familiarity with manufacturing process development, scale-up,
technology transfer to pilot/commercial scale.
- Understanding of packaging considerations for commercial
products and primary pack screening and selection activities
- Familiarity of the Animal Health industry with experience of
working with Marketing/Commercial colleagues.
- Use of statistical modeling for shelf-life determination and
- Experience with writing CMC technical sections and supporting
post commercial changes.WHO WE AREZoetis is the leading animal
health company. Our mission is to build on a six-decade history and
singular focus on animal health to bring customers quality
products, services and a commitment to their businesses. We are
working every day to better understand and address the real-world
challenges faced by those who raise and care for farm and companion
animals in ways they find truly relevant.LOCATIONKalamazoo,
Michigan, USAFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal
opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all
employees and job applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender
expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any
other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an
equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer
reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an
individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague
Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an
accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national,
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as
well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the
Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or
obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains
sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the
acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment
eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified
US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this
fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job
applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the
following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site,
or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of
"@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for
any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for
information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other
means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should
be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to
make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Kalamazoo , Formulation Scientist, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!