Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Flowserve
Corporation is a multinational company, and one of the largest
suppliers of industrial and environmental machinery such as pumps,
valves, end face mechanical seals, automation, and services to the
power, oil, gas, chemical and other industries. Flowserve offers
competitive pay, annual bonuses, shift differentials, medical
benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays,
pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits. We are
seeking Machinists with experience using manual machines and
controls. NEW HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO A $2500 SIGN ON BONUS!
APPLY TO FIND OUT MORE! Shifts include:
- 2nd and 3rd shift working Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day
- 4-10 hours Monday - Thursday or Tuesday - Friday on 2nd shift.
Role Summary: Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to
produce precision parts and instruments. Includes precision
instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical
instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair
machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge
of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining
procedures. Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Operating Machine or Equipment - Operate basic equipment and
machines and carry out routine tasks.
- Operations Management - Carry out operational tasks by
following established processes.
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair - Help to maintain and repair
equipment by carrying out preparations and providing
- Health, Safety and Environment - Follow basic mandatory work
instructions to safeguard the environment and the wellbeing of
oneself and others.
- Operational Compliance - Follow a straightforward mandatory
procedure to ensure that work is carried out to the required
quality standards and/or to ensure adherence to external regulatory
codes and internal codes of conduct.
- Precision Equipment Utilization - Interpret and use precision
measuring equipment/instruments such as micrometers, dial
indicators, and depth gauges.
- Instructions and Drawings - Ability to read and interpret
blueprints and geometric tolerances.
- Internal Communications - Exchange information with people by
having courteousinteractions with them.
- Policy and procedures - Works with guidance to understand
policies and procedures, while making sure they match
organizational strategies and objectives. Requirements:
- Equipment Experience - open to all experience levels.
- Equipment includes -Grinding, Lapping and Manual Machines.
- Other duties as assigned. Preferred Experience / Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Verbal Communication - Uses clear and effective verbal
communication skills to express ideas and request actions.
- Planning and Organizing - Works with guidance to plan,
organize, and prioritize activities to efficiently meet business
- Health and Safety - Applies elementary concepts to manage and
apply safe systems of work.
- Equipment Experience - 2+ years machining experience in a
manufacturing or repair environment operating grinding, lapping
(Wet, Transfer, Slurry & Diamond lap) and manual machines. Req ID :
R-1103 EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision If you are a qualified individual with
a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to . In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Kalamazoo , Manual Machinist, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!