PCT Patient Care Assistant - Acute Care Unit
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Department: Emergency Department
- Schedule: Part time. 24 hrs/week. Night shift. 7pm-7:30am.
Weekends and holidays per unit rotation
- Hospital: Ascension Borgess Allegan
- Location: Allegan, MIBenefitsPaid time off (PTO) Various health
insurance options & wellness plans Retirement benefits including
employer match plans Long-term & short-term disability Employee
assistance programs (EAP) Parental leave & adoption assistance
Tuition reimbursement Ways to give back to your community *Please
note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position,
exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term
Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for
additional specifics.ResponsibilitiesA Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
assists in direct patient care, general clerical duties and other
related services as assigned under the direction of a Registered
Nurse. The PCA reports to the Resource Nurse or Module Leader in
the area of assignment and is accountable to the department's Nurse
Leader and/or the House Supervisor on duty.
- Provide direct care to the entire patient population served,
which may include children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
Direct care includes meeting physical and emotional needs of all
patients, family and significant others served.
- Unit-specific competencies will be achieved and maintained
within a time frame as determined by the department Nurse
- Assist patients with activities of daily living (ADL).
- Perform blood glucose monitoring through finger stick
- Discontinue Foley catheters.
- Discontinue IV angiocaths and saline-locks.
- Order and store supplies.
- Document effectively and appropriately in the patient's
electronic medical record.
- Obtain Vitals signs and report abnormal findings to RN.
- Record I & O accurately and report inconsistencies to RN.
- Perform chest compressions as a member of the code 100
- Assist with physician order entry, scheduling procedures, and
chart preparation as needed.
- Effectively document and/or communicate all information
relevant to patient care.
- Answer patients' requests promptly and respond
- Report observations, assessments, and changes in condition,
interventions and responses to intervention in a timely manner to
- Participate in performance improvement activities for the unit
and the department of nursing.
- Participate in staff orientation activities and peer support
for new PCA's.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.RequirementsLicensure
/ Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Certified Nurse Aide credentialed from the Michigan Nurse Aide
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.Additional
PreferencesNo additional preferences.Why Join Our TeamAscension
Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare
facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate
associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated
to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and
improves the health of the communities we serve throughout
Michigan.Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national
health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of
care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living
communities in 19 states.Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass
everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give
back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community.
Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to
enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.Equal
Employment Opportunity EmployerAscension will provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or
expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic
information, carrier status or any other legally protected status
or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws. For further information, view the
EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)
poster. Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants. This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and
therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.
Keywords: Ascension Health, Kalamazoo , PCT Patient Care Assistant - Acute Care Unit, Other , Allegan, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!