Company: Total Plastics
Posted on: October 9, 2018
About Total Plastics, Int'l: Total Plastics is one of the industry's largest distributors and fabricators of finished polymer shapes. Celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2018, TPI now has 18 locations across 10 states. Total Plastics has a global network of more than 15,000 active customers and a leading presence in the Life Sciences, Automotive, Mass Transit, Furniture, Boatbuilder, Heavy Equipment, Construction and Retail Display markets. Our material solutions are complimented by our unparalleled array of value-added resources including milling, turning, routing, cutting, die-cutting, laminating and fabricating operations. Immediately upon hire, team members are eligible to participate in medical, dental, vision, employer matched 401K, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability and more. To assist with achieving work-life balance, new team members start accruing PTO immediately. In addition, paid holidays and paid volunteer time begins at hire as well. Total Plastics is also committed to supporting its team members as they seek to advance their education and skills training. This includes obtaining their undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as professional certifications. Eligible team members can participate in our Tuition Reimbursement Program which covers the cost of tuition up to 100%. Your Day-To-Day Responsibilities: Operate and maintain numerically controlled or computer numerically controlled saw or router to produce cut plastic parts and pieces that meet specified dimensions and conformance to customer requirements.
- Adheres to and advances the safety culture of Total Plastics Int'l.
- Operate and maintain CNC and NC saws or routers to cut plastic parts and pieces.
- Stack cut materials for operational efficiency.
- Record the cutting process and label in-process material.
- Perform routine maintenance on the cutting machine by following lockout and safety practices. Is this opportunity right for you? To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Qualifications include a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must possess a minimum of six months previous production experience or operating NC or CNC cutting equipment; good math skills; basic computer knowledge; ability to read a tape measure; effective communication, organization and leadership skills; and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Important information you should know: TPI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Keywords: Total Plastics, Kalamazoo , Machine Operator, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!