Company: Zoetis, Inc.
Posted on: March 15, 2019
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW-BIOINFORMATICS SCIENTIST
The Global Therapeutics Research Group is seeking a talented post-doctoral bioinformatics scientist with experience in data management, analysis and interpretation of omics data from mammalian sources. This scientist will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working with diverse models and biological systems for target validation and product development. The successful candidate must have the ability to work in a matrixed team environment and have the ability to communicate complex data to non-bioinformatics experts. Experience working in a high performance computing environment and managing all types of large, complex biological data is essential.
* Experience with DNA, RNA, and protein isolation from a variety of sample types.
* Expertise in analyzing large datasets generated from DNA, RNA and protein sequences. Specifically, experience with next generation sequence assembly of DNA and RNA, mapping and analysis software, genotyping algorithms and variant detection, CNV analysis, systems biology and pathway analysis
* Experience with high density SNP data handling, analysis and genome wide association study knowledge are required.
* Maintain up-to-date developments in algorithms for analysis of next-generation sequencing and applications of sequencing or collection of big data into health solutions
* Ability to conduct hypothesis-based research in partnership with a principal investigator at Zoetis and/or in collaboration with academia.
* Experience with systems biology approaches to elucidate complex physiological processes leading to health outcomes in animals
* Critical thinking and excellent communication and presentation skills are essential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Educational background: PhD (bioinformatics, genomics, animal genetics or related field).
* Experience in data management, analysis and interpretation of omics data from mammalian sources. Self-starter, able to prioritize work, and work efficiently with minimal supervision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to design, interpret, and present complex scientific data in a team environment is required
* Familiarity with various programming languages and software packages including: R, LINUX, CLC Genomics Workbench, GoldenHelix SNP & Variation Suite and Ingenuity pathway analysis IPA is desired.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc., Kalamazoo , Post-doctoral Scientist, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!