Manufacturing Operator II - 1st Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll
be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for
exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the
largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people
the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions
to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Operator II, Manufacturing position is responsible for all
tasks associated with the operation, inspecting and packaging of
finished goods, including but not limited to; performing all
required quality checks to include visual inspection of parts for
defects (fill levels, packaging and others); completing production
operations work orders accurately to include filling, capping,
labeling, packaging and cleaning. The Operator II, Manufacturing
will also be responsible for performing equipment set-up and change
over, basic preventative maintenance, cleaning of equipment, work
area and facility while complying with all safety and regulatory
What will you do?
- Applies Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) principles in all
areas of responsibility
- Provide support to meet department and company objectives
- Participate in Practical Process Improvement (PPI), 5S, and
other continuous improvement and lean projects
- Comply with safety and regulatory regulations, policies, and
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as
- Exercise proper lifting, bending, and twisting techniques
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work area
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to wear respiratory protection, as needed
- Ability to clearly document required information for all
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as
documented and trained
- Specific job related training required
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited
institution.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with working in chemical manufacturing,
- Must be able to speak, read, and legibly write in the English
language, without assistance
- Must have basic computer skills, to include but not be limited
to: data entry, log in/out, screen and program navigation
- Must have working mathematical skills for adding, subtraction,
multiplication, and division
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and must maintain a positive
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
click here for further assistance.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Kalamazoo , Manufacturing Operator II - 1st Shift, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!