Lead Manufacturing Associate - 1st Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Job DescriptionDivision Summary:The Anatomical Pathology Division
(APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of
instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and
grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division
generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13
countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard
Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab
Vision.Position Summary:The Lead Manufacturing Associate is
responsible for assisting in the achievement of daily production
for the manufacturing team. This position will be a leader in the
overall effort to heighten our ability as a manufacturing team to
achieve demanding production objectives. This role provides support
to manufacturing employees and at all times will ensure compliance
to production procedures and product quality specifications. The
Lead Manufacturing Associate will at all times adhere to safety
policies and procedures. This position will support our ability to
continuously strive towards eliminating production defects,
maximizing production throughput, improving training, and
continuously improving the overall performance of the manufacturing
- Have an understanding of production equipment and process
setup, enhanced knowledge of maintenance, cleaning of equipment,
work area, and facility that can be utilized to improve production
- Monitor manufacturing equipment s performance and identify
opportunities for improvement to the leadership team.
- Help to create and implement standard work that will be able to
eliminate production defects, maximizing product throughput, and
continuously improving the overall performance of the area.
- Assists with creation, revision, and approval of SOP s and
Packaging Records as required for manufacturing under the
leadership of the Manufacturing Supervisor
- Help drive training on the production floor.
- Drive and implement the production floor housekeeping as well
as an understanding of 5S creation and implementation in production
- Assure accuracy of production data and system transactions in
DSI and JDE ensuring the control of inventory within our
- Participate in Tier Standup meetings with the ability to stand
in for Manufacturing Supervisor in their absence.
- Actively participate in Practical Process Improvement,
continuous improvement, or any other lean manufacturing
- Distribute, monitor, and order manufacturing supplies that are
consumed during daily activities and processes.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Work with Manufacturing Supervisor in the scheduling,
assignment, and oversight of employees. Provide coverage for the
Manufacturing Supervisor in absence.
- Assist with addressing employee relations concerns and assist
in semi/annual employee performance process by providing
Manufacturing Supervisor input on employee performance.
- Help to ensure safety of employees and comply with all health
and safety policies/guidelines.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Manufacturing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of equivalent manufacturing experience preferred
- Excellent communication and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and be able to
handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Proven computer aptitude.
- Highly self-motivated.Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalentThis position has not been
approved for Relocation Assistance.If you are an individual with a
disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any
part of our application process, for further assistance. Thermo
Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Kalamazoo , Lead Manufacturing Associate - 1st Shift, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!