Packaging Tech 2 - Injectable Packaging (1st Shift -7:00am - 3:18pm)
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Posted on: October 9, 2019
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the
- Perform all manual packaging duties as required by operating
- Operate selected packaging equipment
- Assist or perform setup of selected equipment with guidance
- Perform line clearances and cleaning
- Perform necessary process checks including but not limited to
package checks, hourly audits, etc.
- Perform equipment and facility compliance assessments
- Monitors packaging output, checks product quality and makes
adjustment to ensure equipment is operating efficiently
- Performs all necessary SAP/PEPS entries.
- Conducts label lot changeovers
- Troubleshoot selected equipment
- Verifies that the line is clean and cleared prior to starting
the production order
- Responsible for accuracy of batch related documentation
- Able to gown and work in all unclassified areas.
- Demonstrates floor leadership abilities
- Work in a safe manner and report all potential safety issues to
leadership in a timely manner
- Perform all tasks in strict compliance with operating
procedures, best practices and regulatory requirements
- Dependable - Follows unit / area / plant requirements and
- Willing to assist other production units in order to meet unit
/ site goals
- Maintain training at or above 95%
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks in support of the
Kalamazoo Site objectives
- Communication and Leadership Expectations
- Consistently displays Own-It behaviors in accordance with
Pfizer Core Competencies: Seizes accountability; grows self; change
agile; self-awareness; commits to one Pfizer; peer
- Train and mentor new colleagues and TCW's
- Provide feedback to leadership regarding issues and errors with
- Responsible for the direction of colleagues and TCW's while
leading the work center / production line
- High school diploma / general education degree (GED) plus
either an Associate's degree or six months' work experience (e.g.
current or previous Pfizer colleague; Mfg, Pkg or Veterans/Military
- Math and reading skills required for SOP, GMP and Batch Record
- Ability to contribute to department success in a team
environment and perform tasks at a productive level under demanding
conditions is mandatory.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn new and changing
- Requires a demonstrated ability to direct daily activities to
meet production schedule.
Basic administrative and/or standardized, semi-skilled work
routines; operation of complex technical and/or mechanical tools
and equipment. Demonstrated interpersonal leadership and
accountability in day-to-day interactions with an operational focus
on customer needs and process requirements is required.
Considerable demonstrated skills in communicating (oral and
written) effectively with diverse individuals/groups; facilitating
trust and understanding; and developing, influencing and managing
work, employee and customer relationships. Considerable standing,
walking, bending, reaching and lifting up to 42 pounds. Manual
dexterity and good hand-eye coordination is required. This position
requires the manual packaging of products. The successful candidate
must be able to perform manual, repetitive-motion tasks.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
- Last Date to Apply: October 10, 2019
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
1 (First Shift) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Kalamazoo , Packaging Tech 2 - Injectable Packaging (1st Shift -7:00am - 3:18pm), Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!