Vascular Technologist - Kalamazoo
Posted on: November 7, 2019
We Are Hiring Technologist-Vascular - Ultrasound 001 -
Part-Time,Night - Borgess Medical Ctr - Kalamazoo,MIWhy Join
Ascension? In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and
hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over
20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working
together to help bring patients more resources and better care.
Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided
over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living
in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to
spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the
health of individuals and communities.Ascension is a faith-based
healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through
innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading
non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is
committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all,
especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided
nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other
community benefit programs.What You Will Do As an Associate with
Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity toPerforms
vascular diagnostic procedures to detect peripheral vascular
disease or obstructions.Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patient for presence of peripheral vascular disease
by selecting most effective procedures within regulatory and
- Performs appropriate diagnostic procedures, records patient
test results and reports results.
- Monitors patient comfort and safety during tests, alerting
physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Maintains adequate supplies and verifies all equipment is in
proper working condition; reports deficiencies and failures.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Vascular Sonography
credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical
Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Equal Employment
Opportunity Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer,
dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of
race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap,
disability, veteran or marital status.Please note that Ascension
will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have
applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert
for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not
solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Kalamazoo , Vascular Technologist - Kalamazoo, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!