Mgr., Procurement, Mill Capital & Equipment
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: November 7, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
The Manager Procurement, Mill Capital & Equipment is responsible
for the development and implementation of effective sourcing
strategies for the company's announced new paper machine
installation. The incumbent routinely updates and presents to
supply chain and mill leadership assumptions and progress on
sourcing parts and services to complete the installation of the new
paper machine including cost projections. Supports the Director,
Capital Procurement and the VP of Engineering for the Mill division
while ensuring projects are bid and sourced following approved
strategy and processes while ensuring availability, service and
quality needs are met.
This position is projected to be a two to three year assignment. At
the conclusion of the assignment, the Company will make a good
faith effort to identify opportunities for the incumbent to
continue employment with the Company in another role. If placement
in another role is unsuccessful, the incumbent will be offered
separation benefits in accordance with Company policy.
* Develops and utilizes database tools delivering an aggregate
sourcing schedule in support of the top level Project Critical Path
* Establishes criteria and negotiation strategies for a large
number of equipment and service providers.
* Develops and manages multiple Request for Proposals and contract
agreements at one time.
* Manage and direct two onsite employees in receiving, tracking and
* Develops, implements, and administers policies, procedures and
systems by which the Company's MRO and Capital supply base is
* Proactively evaluates, identifies and leads meaningful continuous
improvement of the procurement organization's policies, procedures
* Monitors supply/demand activity for key component markets.
* Coordinates Bill of Material/Spares Part creation in SAP with
project dedicated Material Master resource
* Coordinates vendor onboarding with GPI Supply Chain
* Serves as liaison between internal project team, engineering, and
* Ensures accurate and timely reporting to project team regarding
inflationary costs and budget assumptions.
* Provides effective and frequent communication regarding project
updates to Supply Chain and Project management teams highlighting
issues affecting cost, schedule, technical risk.
* Carries out all policies and achieve objectives as directed by
the Director, Capital Procurement
* Supports post project evaluation process.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Education/Experience Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in supply chain, operations, engineering,
finance, accounting, economics, statistics or other related field.
Advanced degree or certifications a plus.
* Minimum 7 years of experience in Paper Mill Procurement,
Operations, Engineering or Maintenance Management; 3+ years of
paper mill equipment procurement experience, preferred
* 3+ years of experience with EPCM (Engineering Procurement
Construction Management) projects in paper mill environments.
* Expert-level skills in SAP, Microsoft Project, Excel and
* Demonstrated project management expertise.
* Available for multiyear project timeline.
* Availability to travel up to 75% (if not based in Kalamazoo)
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and
perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on
what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and pts the
trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder
accomplishing a goals; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
* Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material,
support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at
once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and
efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
* Collaborates: Building partnership and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared Objectives
* Skilled at attention to detail
* Proven ability to multi-task and work on multiple
* Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts; seeing them as
opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening;
can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can
find common ground and get corporation within minimum noise.
Energy and Drive
* Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full
of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of
acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
* Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations
work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and
the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind
key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures
Personal and Interpersonal Positioning
* Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or
irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be
counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle
stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show
frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
organization and with external suppliers
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed;
creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and
successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be
responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Developer of high quality, high output team members.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Kalamazoo , Mgr., Procurement, Mill Capital & Equipment, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!