Field Service Rep II - Kalamazo or Portage, MI Home Office
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Accelerate Your CareerDrive global technology?With more than $2
billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of
integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions
to the automotive retail and adjacent industries.?Focused on
enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to
dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving
approximately 28,000?retail locations and most
automotive?manufacturers.?? CDK Global solutions automate and
integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to
the sale, financing, insurance, parts?supply, repair and
maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data
analytics and predictive intelligence.????We?re large enough to
make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This
means that we are an organization where every person matters. You
can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our
customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.?From data
scientists to sales and client service experts, we?re hiring to
support your growth and ours -?Green?light your career.??The--Field
Service Technician--is a field-based, customer-facing role that
installs, services, maintains and modifies equipment at our
customer sites. We take a holistic approach in solving our
customers' toughest problems. Our Field Technicians represent the
"Face of CDK" to the customer.--Ideally, we would like the rep to
live in the Kalamazo or Portage area.-- The territory will cover a
200-300 mile radius.--We are seeking positive, hardworking
candidates who are a motivated self-started that works well
independently with little or no supervision, but who thrives in a
team environment. Join our world class team of diligent problem
solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers and communicators who excite
and inspire others. We are looking for energetic, detail oriented
leaders that focus on execution, meet commitments,--with a passion
to exceed customer expectations.--Responsibilities
- Install and perform onsite repairs of simple network products
at CDK Clients sites in a 200-300 mile radius of the Kalamazo or
Portage, MI area.
- Provide 24 x 7 support for Clients and other FSR's when
- Provide concise feedback on defects encountered while working
with all products through the National Technical Support
- Respond to and resolve assigned onsite preventative and
corrective maintenance calls
- Provide high quality installations, upgrades of all computer
equipment sold by CDK.
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation at the
client site (Port Maps, Visio Drawings, pre-site documentation,
Check lists, Onsite Technical Analysis, etc.)
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation such
as engineer activity reports, expense reports, timesheets,
- Continued education to remain current and increase knowledge on
new and existing equipment.
- Represent--CDK--in a personal and professional manner when
responding to onsite service related issues.
- Promptly ship defective modules to NCS and test returned
modules to allow for proper sparing for field activity.
- Obtain meaningful results from projects assigned and/or
approved by supervisor.
- Interface with baseline region on service related
issues.--???????Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to interact with upset clients and defuse possible
client dissatisfaction. The FSR--will most often be the person
involved with the most difficult and tense situations at the client
sites. Superior client relations--- skills are a necessity.Good
understanding of CDK business and associated service strategies.--
- Strong communication
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based operating systems and
- Ability to operate test equipment.
- Superior--troubleshooting skills.
- Advance technical knowledge and the ability to isolate and
resolve peripheral equipment: laser printers, impact printers and
line printers problems.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good reading, writing and numeric/logic skills to interpret
service calls, determine equipment defects, create service logs,
measure electricity output, calculate billing charges, etc.
- Analytical reasoning ability in basic situations to isolate
problems, determine solutions, etc.
- Ability to plan--projects within established deadlines,
- This position requires 80-90% regional travel with some
overnight travel, and you must be available for overtime and some
- Ability to coordinate/organize activities, information,
materials or other resources within--tasks or projects such as
peripherals, etc. to meet clients' needs on time.
- Dexterity to operate a computer, keyboard, telephone, fax,
photocopier, printer, multi-meter, tools (screwdriver, pliers,
etc.) and tape gun daily
- Minimum AA degree in Electronics, Computer Technology or
- Prefered: BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- CCNA and MCDS Certification - preferred?CDK Global knows you
have passions outside of work. ?You have family, friends, sporting
events, and lots of things going on. ? That?s why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but
your family as well. ? All of our benefits are effective the first
day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to
re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and
tuition reimbursement to name a few.At CDK, we pride ourselves on
having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness
of individuals and the different perspectives?they provide. We
offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age,
marital status, or protected veteran status.??
Keywords: CDK, Kalamazoo , Field Service Rep II - Kalamazo or Portage, MI Home Office, Other , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!