Intern - Construction
Posted on: September 7, 2020
Walbridge offers a Summer Construction Internship program designed
to provide meaningful hands-on work experience and exposure to
industry leaders across the organization.
Our goal is to provide professional experience for talented
construction and engineering students as a path for a full-time /
long time career with Walbridge upon graduation.
Our internships are competitive, paid positions throughout the
typical summer months. Part-time opportunities may also be
available throughout the school year for those who qualify.
What we offer you:
- Cutting-edge technologies, and industry-leading processes
- A learning culture committed to innovation and improvement
- Career planning, coaching, development & growth
- Access to hundreds of construction and professional development
- Opportunities in Field Operations, Engineering, Estimating and
Why choose Walbridge:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small
enough for you to make an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out
projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and
- Assist in the coordination of on-site construction and
engineering activities for construction projects.
- Interpret design/drawings, specifications, submittals, and
other construction documents.
- Assist Superintendents, Project Managers, Engineers, and
Coordinators with project-related technical and logistical
functions. Includes subcontractor and supplier
planning/administration, work assignments, etc.
- Interface with on-site departments as required to resolve
problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of
overall project schedule.
- Enrolled in a construction-related degree program (Engineering
- EE, ME, CE, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or
related degree program) at an accredited college/university; prior
construction experience or military service a plus.
- Knowledge of technology, computers and software, including
standard MS Office applications
- Competencies of successful interns:
- Demonstrating Initiative. Takes action on his/her own without
being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve
issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more
than is expected or asked.
- Delivering High Quality Work. Critically reviews work processes
to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality;
makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements
and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.
- Working Safely. Understands and embraces the Walbridge safety
culture, policies and regulations; scans the environment for things
that may pose a safety risk; encourages others to utilize safe and
healthy work practices.
- Teamwork. Shows enthusiasm toward being a member of the group;
actively participates in team meetings and activities; leverages
the skills and interests of coworkers to achieve goals and solve
problems; supports team decisions.
- Continuous Improvement. Thinks creatively and identifies
issues/solutions to improve existing processes; engages with others
to solve problems, develop new ideas and process improvements;
learns from, and shares insights from past experience.
- Demonstrating Tenacity and Perseverance. Maintains high levels
of energy and enthusiasm over an extended amount of time; does not
give up when faced with challenging obstacles; completes what
he/she starts; sees projects through to the end.
- Following Policies and Procedures. Understands and follows
company policies; encourages others to follow work rules; calls
attention to actions that may violate policies and procedures.
- Learning Quickly. Quickly comprehends new problems and
situations; needs very little time to learn and master new
processes or tools; able to figure things out as he/she goes
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that
promotes diversity in the workforce. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability,
military, or protected veteran status or any other legally
protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions
concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation,
benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition
Keywords: Walbridge, Kalamazoo , Intern - Construction, Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!