Senior Business Analyst
Company: Hastings Mutual Insurance Co
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Hastings Mutual is currently looking for a Senior Business
Analyst to join our IT Operations Group. The individual in this
role will elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs
of stakeholders. This includes interviewing stakeholders and
gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the
technology solutions they need. The Senior Business Analyst also
applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving
skills to help the business make good technology decisions. The
Senior Business Analyst plays a pivotal role in ensuring
Information Technology's understanding of business requirements.
Position Location & Details A non-exempt (hourly) role, reporting
to the Application Development Manager, this position will be based
at our Hastings, Michigan corporate headquarters and generally work
within our standard office hours of Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30
pm. Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope
- Conducts interviews to gather user requirements via workshops,
questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use
cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements
analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact,
outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Analyzes business processes and workflows and recommends
improvements and automation opportunities.
- Supports and mentors the Business Analysts to ensure all
quality goals and objectives are achieved.
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness,
consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and
concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translates conceptual user requirements into functional
requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to
- Where applicable, develops prototypes of interfaces and
attributes based on the user requirements.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to
provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develops and conducts peer reviews of the business requirements
to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly
- Assists with the interpretation of user requirements into
feasible options and communicating back to the business
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the
HMIC project lifecycle; enforces and redefines as necessary.
- Works with project stakeholders to manage, track, and
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of
business requirements- verbally or through written documentation -
to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that
issues and solutions are understood.
- Supports system testing when needed to support a project or
advance a project timeline.
- Actively participates in professional development, i.e.
continuing education or self-improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership, either verbally or in
writing. Candidate Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or five years of equivalent work experience
- Equivalent experience including demonstrated knowledge of the
organization's core business process and operations.
- CBAP (preferred) or CCBA certification required.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements
specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Knowledge of process mapping and business process
- Understanding of application development and software
development life cycle concepts.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and
timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and
verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Highly motivated, self-directed, logical, efficient, and keen
attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as
- Demonstrated PC skills including proficient use of Microsoft
Office products including Visio. Our Commitment as an Employer We
value the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Hastings
Mutual is committed to providing equal opportunity for all
employees and candidates in a work environment that does not
tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. Decisions
related to employment are based on business needs, position
requirements, and individual characteristics without regard to
appearance, nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, age, body, disability, veteran, family, marital
status, or any legally protected class. Hastings Mutual seeks to
provide reasonable accommodation to disabled individuals in the
hiring process in compliance with federal, state, and local law.
Candidates requiring accommodation to complete their job
application or participate in the interviewing process are asked to
notify the Talent Acquisition Specialist or contact us at
800-442-8277. About Hastings Mutual Insurance Company From our
humble roots in 1885 providing coverage for windstorm damage,
Hastings Mutual has evolved into a leading regional property and
casualty insurance carrier, offering innovative products for
businesses, farm owners, and individuals. We work with customers in
six Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, and
Wisconsin). Hastings Mutual is known for its financial strength,
high ethical standards, and culture of service and responsiveness.
The core to our ongoing success is our employees. Whether at the
corporate offices in Hastings, Michigan, information technology
office in Alpharetta, Georgia to our remote team members throughout
the Midwest, Hastings Mutual is made up of talented professionals
across multiple divisions and functional areas. Our commitment to
our employees and work culture has been confirmed with our
inclusion in the "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in West
Michigan" each year since 2011. Hastings Mutual offers a friendly,
family-like environment that values transparency and
approachability. We recognize the hard work of our employees with
many benefits, including fully paid certification t
Keywords: Hastings Mutual Insurance Co, Kalamazoo , Senior Business Analyst, Professions , Hastings, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!