Packaging Technician II - 1st Shift (7:00am - 3:00pm)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Packaging Technicians are responsible for the operation of
production lines. Work is performed in strict compliance with
manufacturing standards (SOPs) and following all regulatory
requirements (i.e., GMPs & OSHA). This job includes the following
- Perform all tasks in strict compliance with operating
procedures, best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Dependable - Follows unit / area / plant requirements and
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors within the unit, taking
ownership and accountability of the production schedule, product
quality, and leading by example.
- Willing to assist other production units in order to meet unit
/ site goals.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks in support of the
Kalamazoo Site objectives.
- Demonstrating growth mindset to share best practices and
utilize downtime effectively.
- Completing and maintaining all required training on time
- Perform all operating and packaging duties as required by
- Operate selected production process equipment.
- Perform Line clearances and cleaning.
- Perform necessary process checks including but not limited to,
package checks, hourly audits, etc.
- Consistently displays Own-It behaviors in accordance with
Pfizer Core Competencies: Seizes accountability; grows self; change
agile; self-awareness; commits to one Pfizer; peer
- Train and mentor new colleagues and TCWs
- Provide feedback to leadership regarding issues and errors with
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Physical Demands:
- Considerable standing. Walking, bending reaching and lifting up
to 42 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination is
- This position requires the manual packaging of products.
Positions can be staffed across all three shifts based on business
needs. Weekend, holiday, and overtime may be required to meet
business or customer needs. Education and Experience: High school
diploma / general education degree (GED) plus
- An associate degree, OR
- Veteran/Military experience, OR
- Six months of relevant work experience in a manufacturing or
GMP facility (e.g. current or previous Pfizer colleague or
contractor or similar) Mechanical experience / knowledge preferred.
Overview: As an entry position, the colleague is expected to show
progression towards all the items below and competency on a growing
number of them as the duration in the role progresses. EHS
- Safety Orientation
- Unit safety audits and inspections GMP
- GMP record entries
- Access to area specific gowning
- Meets daily GMP requirements - with assistance
- Maintains training requirements per Site and Unit Goals
- Contributes to production output
- Checks product quality
- Accurate Handoffs
- Conducts area audits - GMP/5S/Safety
- Weekend Rotation (participation)
- Perform line clean and clear activities prior to and following
a production order
- Assist with material handling, staging, etc. activities
- Responsible for accuracy of batch record related documentation
and batch record review
- Complete LOTO, line logs, maintenance logs as needed Other:
- Performs work in professional, self-directed, responsible, and
- Responsible for the direction of colleagues and TCWs while
leading the work center / production line Last Date to Apply for
Job: November 30thEligible for Relocation Package: NOEligible for
Employee Referral Bonus: YES#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new
hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date
of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider
requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports
payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as
required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing
regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide
government agencies with information such as a health care
provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value
received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal
review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer
intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment
EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms
and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify
Keywords: Pfizer, Kalamazoo , Packaging Technician II - 1st Shift (7:00am - 3:00pm), Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!