Company: CSM Group
Posted on: January 12, 2022
CSM Group is looking for talented construction professionals to
join our team in an environment that allows you to contribute to
projects that have a positive, worldwide impact. We are a
tight-knit group of talented, high-performers looking to grow and
strengthen our current team while serving our clients best
SUMMARY:The Construction Engineer supports the construction
management team while also providing leadership, direction and
oversight during all phases of construction around a fully
operational jobsite, primarily in the food and beverage market
segment. The Construction Engineer develops a long term capital
plan for assigned sites; manages assigned site's cash flow;
accountable for assigned site's capital project delivery; manages
direct, dotted line, and contract resources; and determines the
optimized technical and business solutions that will continue to
separate clients from their competition. The Construction Engineer
will provide technical support including: plant operations,
environmental health and safety, quality, innovation, financials,
continuous improvement and maintenance teams. The individual will
lead the execution of multiple, simultaneous capital projects and
manage multiple project teams in execution. Additionally, The
Construction Engineer coordinates the construction efforts,
predicts and resolves conflicts before they impact the project, and
delivers timely and cost effective solutions. The Construction
Engineer will oversee various projects by effectively utilizing
resources to provide a finished design that meets all aspects of
the construction/engineering specifications. This requires that the
Engineer coordinates and supervises the project from conception to
completion. The Construction Engineer ensures that the clients
highest expectations are met by delivering all projects on time,
within budget and in a safe manner. This is a full-time, FLSA
salary exempt position. It requires at least 40 hours per week with
the ability to work more if necessary. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Helps develop long term and annual site capital plans.
- Ensuring on time delivery of key project initiatives.
- Leading, growing, and developing internal and external talent.
Proactively manages key equipment supplier relationships.
- Management of direct, dotted line, and contract resources.
- Generation and implementation of solutions that will increase
employee safety, further drive our environmental agenda, improve
food safety and food quality, increase operational effectiveness,
and drive top line (innovation) and bottom line (cost savings)
- On-site troubleshooting and or technical support of priority
operational opportunities. Includes the ability to lead and
participate in root cause problem solving exercises in high
pressure environment to arrive at and implement the correct
- Ability to provide feasibility level estimates.
- Will lead project teams from concept phase through
commissioning, qualification, and validation (CQV).
- Lead the development and presentation of capital authorization
papers that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough
due diligence to ensure project success. This includes, but is not
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting
client and industry best-in-class practices
- Physical location and general arrangement placements
- Process Flow Diagrams & Mass Balances
- Line design and determination of operational factors
- Utility and infrastructure requirements and needs
- Development of capital project cost estimates.
- Development of project schedule, from concept to
- Equipment / System Performance criteria.
- Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and
- Leadership of the key project phases: scoping, approval, final
engineering/design, equipment selection and procurement,
construction, and CQV.
- Ensures cash flow is managed for assigned sites and
- Leads, develops and implements projects per site master
- Keeps current with latest food processing technology and
- Keeps current with latest industry regulations and codes
relative to food processing equipment system design and operation.
- BS or MS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or
related field and/or years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in process manufacturing
- Experience managing capital projects more than $10MM
- Ability to work in fast pace environment with multiple
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written
communication skills, technical analysis, troubleshooting and
problem solving skills are required
- Basic AutoCAD skills. Able to view drawings and make minor
- OSHA 30 Hour Training
- Minimum Training on Utilizing Equipment (i.e. man lifts for
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Excel, MS Project,
Keywords: CSM Group, Kalamazoo , Construction Engineer, Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!