Logistics Operator I
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Logistics Operators are responsible for the movement of
materials both physically and systematically (SAP) at the Kalamazoo
site. The role is critical to ensuring materials are received,
stored, moved, and shipped in a timely, safe, and compliant manner.
The scope of material handling performed in this role include all
materials (i.e. packaging materials, raw materials, APIs,
work-in-process, and finished goods) that serve the API and Drug
Product production and distribution processes. The Logistic
Operator I role is considered entry level with no prior
A Logistics Operator I will spend majority of their time training
on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), internal/external
regulations, safety guidelines, GMP's, SAP and various powered
industrial vehicle operation. They will be focused on demonstrating
their ability to operate safely and reliably in a GMP environment.
Tasks performed by a Logistics Operator I will include:
* Emptying trash luggers
* Inspecting shipments prior to receipt
* Repalletizing material
* Labeling materials
* Preparing materials for shipment (i.e. applying
* Picking, placing, and staging materials
* Performing SAP material movement transactions
* Cycle counting
* Documenting activities as required
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Applicable warehouse experience (preferred)
* Ability to obtain the following certifications as needed:
Forklift certification, Hazmat certification, DOT certification,
Valid Driver's License
* Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication
* Ability to learn the use of SAP
* Repetition of activities.
* Stair climbing and extended standing and/or walking.
* Frequent time around equipment with moving parts.
* Ability to use warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks and
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Potential exposure to Penicillin/Cephalsporin products. Allergies
to Penicillin/Cephalsporin should be disclosed prior to hire?
* Work will primarily be performed in controlled temperature
conditions ranging between (15-30C), but operators could have
potential to regularly work in conditions outside this range
including (-20C, 2-8C, and ambient/outdoor).
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Must be available for weekend and daily overtime as needed
OTHER JOB INFORMATION:
Last day to apply: December 17th, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by
applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt
Keywords: Pfizer, Kalamazoo , Logistics Operator I, Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!